“This place is unique!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, MA
“This place is unique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

What words can I throw in to say what a neat little place this is? I usually don't write reviews for places that I visit for such short stays, but this place is exceptional and deserves a great review. Myself, two friends and their out-of-town house guest took a quick overnight to P-Town to show Ptown to the elderly South African visitor with us. Stan and Lenny were there to greet us on arrival and show us to our rooms and go over everything and they couldn't have been warmer. The bathrooms weren't ensuite with the rooms we had, but that wasn't a problem in the least, as there were three right across the hall and they were always available. The rooms are decorated in well worn yet very comfy antique furniture that practically invites you to use it. Breakfast was served on the back patio, and was quite good -I still dream of the muffin(s) I ate. Location-wise, it is probably the best of the best: not right on Commercial Street, so you avoid the din and evening noise of of being right on the main drag, but about a three minute walk away. The only real noise issue was from occasional betulled gangs of bachelorette partiers stopping by under my window to gawk at the Ken Doll pool party taking place in the fountain out front on their way out for a night on the town. This only happened in the late afternoon, but even that was entertaining, so it really wasn't an issue (running into said bachelorette parties later on at Wave Bar, after they'd spent the afternoon tying it on, was another matter altogether). I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a fun, unique time away!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roxxma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Provincetown is my favorite destination, but faced with choosing a new place to stay when my regular lodging became unavailable gave me a real headache.

I needn't have worried. Romeo's proved an excellent choice. Stan and his partner Lenny made me feel right at home as did Danny, the houseboy, who served me a delicious breakfast each morning and kept my room tidy. The house is filled with an amazing collection of art and bric-a-brac that fits together perfectly.

I'd picked my room from the website, a cosy queen room overlooking the back deck, and it certainly didn't disappoint.

All in all it was a wonderful week. Thank you. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Dalia C
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed at Romeo's Holiday many times and have never been disappointed. Stan & Lenny are such friendly and gracious hosts, and Dan makes sure that your room is beautiful and that you are always comfortable. The guys treat you like family and are always ready with helpful advice on what to see and where to have a nice dinner, or see a show. I wouldn't stay anywhere but Romeo's Holiday!!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Lynn B
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I’ve stayed at a few different guesthouses in Provincetown, but this was by far the friendliest experience I’ve had. Stan & Lenny go out of their to try and make it a comfortable experience for all of the guests, and do a great job of introducing guests to one another. The location is also extremely convenient. I look forward to staying again next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Eric S
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I felt like I was a part of Stan's family the week I was there. The house is fun and so cute. It's convenient and easy to get anywhere in town. I can't wait to go back to Romeo's Holiday. The showers are European and a little small, but you can't find a more hospitable Inn. I loved my little room and Stan and company gave me all kinds of tips so I could feel more like a townie. I was in town alone, but I felt like I had good friends in town as soon as I arrived. The Hot tub is nice too. Thanks Stan; See you soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private bath.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Calista S
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stan is the most hospitable host! He texted us while we were on our way to see if we need anything upon arrival or directions. The house is adorable! Very unique and "homey". We really felt at home during the stay. He also provided us with great food and entertainment recommendations.

The location is one block from Commercial Street (the main strip) and all the restaurants/bars.

I highly recommend visiting Stan and Lenny at Romero's. You won't regret it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ben C
Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Romeo's was a fun weekend away from it all. Stan and Lenny were friendly hosts, accommodation comfortable and well presented (thanks to Danny) and hot tub always welcoming. The central location is great for exploring and the local lot car parking arrangements that Romeo's has mean there is space to park. Easy cycle ride out to the beaches and bike trails.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple