“Romeo's, Romeo's, Always and Forever!”

The Gaslamp Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Romeo's, Romeo's, Always and Forever!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This visit marked my third stay at Romeo's and my second experience with Carnival, and I would not have changed a thing, except to have savored more of every moment of every day - which would have meant that I never would have slept.

I always enjoy staying with Stan and Lenny. Having them greet me at the door when I return is an experience that I look forward to every summer and certainly more so than having to say goodbye at the end of my visit. Having Danny also scold me for making my bed during my first morning back is an annual act of endearment. He truly looks out for me and other guests. Furthermore, seeing the array of familiar faces from previous years or meeting new guests, especially when I listen to them speculate on what awaits them in the days ahead, underscores a few of the many reasons why Provincetown is my favorite destination and why Romeo's Holiday & Spa is my favorite guesthouse.

Whenever I travel to Ptown, I initiate my trip with one ritual. Every season, as the plane leaves from Boston for the Cape, I always look in the distance for a glimpse of the Pilgrim Monument; and as the plane approaches closer to land, and as I can discern more of an image of the Monument's crown, I begin to feel butterflies. Like many of my age, this experience is perhaps rare and more reminiscent of a child anticipating his first trip to Disney World. I then acknowledge to myself, and with an almost quasi-religious solemnity, that this monument likens more to a beacon, to an architectural symbol of transformation that happens to be surrounded, however picturesquely, by undulating shades of blue, at least that is how it appears from the air. (Again, I would never change a thing.) As soon as the plane lands, the shackles of iPhones and emails begin to lose their grip, and the deadlines once so pressing slowly lessen in urgency. At this point, I call Stan and let him know that I am on my way, and the butterflies start to flutter with greater intensity. For this single gentleman, Stan. Lenny and everyone at Romeo's will have my heart, that is, until a flesh-and-blood Romeo tries to champion my cause. And he'll have to prove himself in this enchanted kingdom. Romeo's, Romeo's, always and forever, five stars!

Green Features: There is no pool but a hot tub; however, there is a pool nearby with access to a beach. There is also local gym that offers discounts for guests. All rooms are kept clean, and the guesthouse recycles.
6 Thank DavidDRSlemp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A wonderful stay, punctuated with laughter, warmth, and comfort. Romeo's is unpretentious and filled with like minded guests. From the casual breakfast to the access to the best of Provincetown, Romeo's is unbeatable!

3 Thank Del W
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Romeo's and Stan, Lenny and Danny have become part of a chosen Family for me. I stayed for Carnival again this year and it always seems to outdo itself each year. The other guests I meet, the complimentary fruit and muffins in the am, the bantering and laughter at the antics and follies as we dressed in costume for the different Carnival events are all sweet memories now that I am back in Denver and my daily routine. I already am planning to stay again for Carnival next year (in the same room). The Guest house is right in the middle of everything and always clean and comfortable.
Thank you for another great carnival season and looking forward to next year,
Rick

2 Thank rick4f9
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed numerous times at Romeo's and always have a great time. Fun and friendly hosts and guests make for an enjoyable stay every time. Lots of personal attention, breakfast every morning and the best location in town.

Room Tip: No. 11 in the back is a good size with private bath, very quiet and comfortable. It's my usual...
Green Features: Not really familiar with more than their recycling program, which I was happy to see.
Cancun
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Was our first time in Ptown and we were lucky to choose Romeo's. The owners Stan and Lenny were great and very helpful. Dan the house man knew exactly when to make the bed and kept the hot coffee pot filled. Enjoyed the morning times on the deck daily drinking coffee and having a hot muffin. My partner and I enjoyed how close Romeos location was to everything!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
boston
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had a fabulous time!!
Stan let me use his own parking space to hold the DRAG TAG SALE. He also played MUSIC for me to help create a fun festive atmosphere!! i had a MILLION DOLLAR VIEW of the monument from my room. beautiful at night!! Lenny and Stan are great hosts, treated me to a dinner and always GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE U FEEL LIKE FAMILY. :)

1 Thank markakabubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've been visiting Provincetown most of my life, and have not found a more friendly, attentive and truly caring place to stay. Stan and Lenny, make your stay easy, warm and inviting. I've been staying at Romeo's for more than 10 years, and am amazed how they remember guests names, events, and preferences.

The rooms are clean, comfortable, and all unique! Danny, keeps you laughing and when you turn around, your room was cleaned while having coffee on the deck. I really enjoy the on site massages by Lenny. EXTREMELY reasonably priced, I've never had a better full body massage.

The guests also have all been great from all over the world. You meet and catch up while hot tubbing, and have made several friends staying at Romeo's. I wouldn't stay any place else.

3 Thank Wes L