“Comfortable and clean.”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Raynham, Massachusetts
“Comfortable and clean.”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

A very nice hotel. A bit far from the center of town. about a 15 minute walk. The continental breakfast was very good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2010
Thank you for your review, we're happy to hear your were pleased with the hotel. Our employees work very hard to make your stay with us comfortable and pleasant. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Boston, MA
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This was the second year my friends and I stayed at this hotel. We stay there because they allow you to book for one night and has 2 double beds ( most other hotels in ptown do not). This hotel is fine for a night or two. It has its own beach and pool. The breakfast in the morning is above average.

Ok, both year I went here the woman who is the manager ( or owner) is very nasty. She has a terrible disposition. She yelled at us for drinking in the pool and told us she would drain it. We are full grown woman; please do not speak to us like we are unruly teenagers. This year she yelled at the bartender (in front of us) for using too much mix in our drinks…not alcohol….mix. He ended up being right as there wasn’t enough drink mixture to pour the last drink and he had to make more. I found her reprimanding the bartender in front of hotel guest to be completely unprofessional. She also walks around with a nasty attitude during morning breakfast, I felt uncomfortable with her looking over my shoulder and monitoring my every movement.

Side Note: We found a dirty band-aid on the carpet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
I'm sorry to hear that you thought I was not pleasant, I can assure you that is not the case. Our maintenance team works very hard to keep our pool clean and sanitary, this is the reason we do not allow food or drink in our pool. We welcome you to have a drink or lunch by the pool. As for breakfast time, I am there to make sure that everyone has what they need to get their day off to a good start and to make certain that the breakfast is stocked at all times.
Niantic, Connecticut
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I just want to say thanks to the entire staff at Surfside Hotel & Suties, especially to Elaine who goes all out to make sure that my daughter and myself feel special from the time we check in until we leave. I am in the hotel business, and this is how I try to treat all of my guests. The property is so clean and the landscaping is beautiful...We look forward to this every year, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
It's wonderful to see all the children each year. We love Family Week and the children certainly enjoyed the pool this year from morning til night, they had lunch around the pool and everyone seemed to enjoy the week. We can't wait to see you all again next year.
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We needed a hotel for just one night in P-town and got an amazing deal through Priceline. Because we got the room for less than half the normal price, I was expecting the worst. Was I ever surprised!! Here's an example of the management style of the hotel - when we arrived at the hotel, the driver behind us let me know that my brake lights were out. It was about 4:30, and I knew that I would need to get the lights fixed right away. When we checked in, I mentioned my problem to the managers (a wonderful couple). They immediately looked up the number of their mechanic and dialed the phone for me. Within a half hour, I had my brake lights fixed. I was so impressed with the kindness of the managers and how they took the time to help me. They were wonderful and helpful in every way, and they make a mean pina colada, which you can sip by the pool. Our room was clean and comfortable and had a refrigerator. We were able to walk into Provincetown, though it would be challenging for anyone who isn't able to walk the 10 minute walk. I also noticed that this is an amazingly pet-friendly hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2010
Thank you for your review, happy our mechanic could help you and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon. Our employees work very hard to make your stay with us a comfortable and pleasant one, again thank you so much for your review.
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed August 3, 2010

At the last minute we decided to take a trip to Provincetown. Most of the hotels were book because of a festival being held. It was our lucky day when we made our reservations at Surfside! From the moment we arrived we were greeted by polite and helpful staff. Surfside is located about 1 mile from the area.
The rooms are a little dated but quite clean. The beds were comfortable and we enjoyed some quite, restful sleep, exhausted from the nightlife.
What made this trip so enjoyable was the staff. They were outstanding. Enjoy the poolside bar service and order a Miami.....you'll love it. Great pool and beach area too!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Thank you for your review. We are always happy to hear our customers enjoyed their stay with us. Our guests enjoy poolside service and yes those Miami Vice are a great seller. We hope to see you again soon.
NH
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We have stayed at the hotel several times and we think it just keeps getting better. If you want to be on a private beach; sleep in a clean, comfortable bed in a nice room; have spectacular views and bring your pet on vacation with you then this is a great hotel. It is a perfect combination for us. We find the staff and management to be friendly, efficient and helpful. We got married here on the beach and the staff helped us make it a very special occasion.

We love the quiet location but if you want to stay in the middle of town this place may not be for you even though it is only a short pleasant walk to anything. There are guests from all over the world which makes it very interesting.

The hotel offers a very simple breakfast. This is not gourmet, but it is convenient to have coffee and continental fare on the premises. There is a nice restaurant nearby for lunch and/or dinner and there are several places within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Love seeing our return guests each year and again we had surprises for them. The new decks and railings on the beach and courtyard buildings. Winters are long here in Provincetown, however, the memories of our return guests stay with us through the winter. Can't wait to see you again next year.
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The Surfside Inn & Suites is just simply THE BEST place to stay in P-town! This was the 3rd year my partner and I stayed there. We look forward to going back next year, and the year after, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for the following reasons:
1.) Value - You get a great room & more for a decent price. Price includes Continental Breakfast (which is very convenient...no need to head into town for your morning meal). Cable TV, private bath, and mini-fridge and microwave. Lots of storage space too! Plus free parking on site!! And this is hard to find in P-town.
2.) Use of PRIVATE BEACH and PRIVATE POOL - If you don't want to go to the beach you can hang out poolside. Nice to have the choice of the 2.
3.) Views - Get a waterfront room if you can - GREAT/SPECTACULAR views of Provincetown Harbor and Cape Cod Bay.
4.) Location - Not quite in the center of town, but close enough. You are on the east end among the quiet of the gallery district of P-Town, away from the hustle and bustle of the town center, but close enough to walk (about 15 mins.) and close enough to bike (about 5-7 mins.)
5.) Friendliness and Caring - The staff and management are by far some of the kindest and nicest people to the guests that I have encountered in hotel stays. They welcome you with open arms and are very accommodating to requests and needs. Most importantly they are kind and friendly to ALL WALKS OF LIFE no mater what, race, creed, religion or sexual orientation.

I cannot wait 'till summer of 2011!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dutchnala, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Thank you for your review, our staff works very hard to make everyones stay with us comfortable and enjoyable. I will pass your comments on to my staff, they love hearing the wonderful reviews. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
#14 of 15 in Provincetown
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
#1 of 15 in Provincetown

Been to Surfside Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!