We booked the hotel for a birthday get-away. We got a special of buy one night get a second free so the price was right. At check-in the girl did not say one word to us other than giving us our room key and directions to the room. The room was right on the ocean with an absolute gorgeous view. We had a sliding glass door that opened onto a shared balcony that looked onto a beach and Provincetown Harbor. The room had newer carpet and smelled very clean. I was expecting much worse after reading some other reviews but was pleasantly surprised.
I started to unpack and opened the drawer of the bedside table. I was greeted by a **device** that another person had left behind. I was so disgusted! I went to the front desk and discreetly told the manager about this **device**. She apologized and said she would move us to a suite. She gave us the room key and we packed up our things to move. When we got to the "suite" it was not so sweet. It was an identical room to ours except with two robes. The carpet was much older and stained and the sliding door did not lock. So, we moved back. The manager removed the **device** from the drawer and cleaned it with bleach. She did not offer us anything else until we checked out. She gave a voucher for 15% off if we stay in 2009. I don't know that we will ever go back there.
The walls were very thin and we heard every little thing from the people above us and from either side of us.
Overall the room was adequate (coming from someone who always stays at very nice places). The view and location would be the only reasons we would consider staying there again.
Check your drawers and be prepared for something you never thought you would see! Ewww!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Cape Cod Bay and Provincetown Harbor. Private beach, outdoor heated saline pool, complimentary breakfast, free WIFI, free parking. Courtyard with fire pit, bar service from our Lighthouse Bar. Easy walk to town, 3/4 of a mile through the art district. Pets welcome, pet treats, pet station and pet shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Surfside Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Hotel And Suites
- Surfside Hotel Provincetown