We stayed here from the 12th to the 18th of August this year, and I have to say, it was a good choice of hotel. We had one of the waterside rooms, with a balcony overlooking the sea and beach, which was really nice. Okay, the balcony is shared, but once you overlook people passing your window, it’s a really great view to start your day or to relax after an evening on the town. The location isn’t bad, just over 1km to the centre of P-Town along Commercial street, about 10 minutes walk at a leisurely pace, and we found it nice to leave the hustle of the town centre to return to a quieter area to sleep.
The rooms were clean and spacious, although in need of some decoration, and the air con worked (albeit it sounded like a harrier jump jet landing on your balcony, so you wont be leaving it on over night!). I know some people here mentioned noise around the pool, but to be honest we never heard anything in our room expect the lapping of waves on the beach when the balcony door was open. The staff here were fantastic, a real selling point for staying here, and we found them really helpful and a great source of advice for our stay. There is a pool available, and they have free WiFi in the receptions area, as well as a PC for guests use if you don’t have a laptop with you.
On the down side, I thought the room was a little pricey for what you got, and I would advise you give the breakfast a miss, it really wasn’t up to much. I’d recommend Café Heaven (near the town hall) for a fantastic breakfast experience, but arrive early, there were queues to get in here. Security in the room was a bit of a worry initially:- the bathroom window (which opened to a public balcony) had no lock on it at all, so it could be opened from the outside, and the door lock on the sea side balcony was flimsy at best. Although the hotel will provide you with a small safety deposit box at no charge for things like passports and cash, this isn’t much good if you have larger items of value like a laptop. Having said that, we had no issues, and everything was as we left it in the morning. Another negative, there is a large cap park for hotel guests, but at the weekend, it was almost impossible to get a spot after 7pm.
Overall, I would recommend this place to stay, especially if you get one of the water-side rooms, and we certainly enjoyed out stay there and would definitely try here again when we return.
When in P-Town I would recommend the whale watching (we used Dolphin Fleet), it was a fantastic experience, and delivered what they said they would. As for eating, the Art House does a nice breakfast (but you’ll have to contend with their awkward ordering process), although Café Heaven tops our recommendations. We found Bubala’s is a nice spot for evening dining and a great people watching spot, and for really great sushi and superb staff try the Monkey Bar a few doors down. A car is kind of a must of you want to explore the Cape, but you’ll find P-Town is the real jewel and you won’t be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Cape Cod Bay and Provincetown Harbor. Private beach, outdoor heated saline pool, complimentary breakfast, free WIFI, free parking. Courtyard with fire pit, bar service from our Lighthouse Bar. Easy walk to town, 3/4 of a mile through the art district. Pets welcome, pet treats, pet station and pet shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Surfside Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Hotel And Suites
- Surfside Hotel Provincetown