We booked our two night stay several months in advance using the Surfside Inn's website. For our two nights in mid-September and room category (king size oceanfront) there were two price options showing for my reservation request: 1) pay for two nights lodging at the regular price, or 2) a special "two nights for the price of one offer". Naturally I selected the box showing the 2 for 1 offer. However, when their website totaled the amount due there was no credit for the 2 for 1 offer. Instead there was a full charge for two nights. This 2 for 1 offer was clearly stated and it without question came up on the screen as a price option for the two nights I selected. What followed were several emails with Elizabeth who works at the front desk. She said the special offer didn't apply because the dates "were probably not included for this offer". I wrote back saying the offer clearly came up for the dates I selected. Back and forth, back and forth, then several days of silence from Elizabeth. I asked her repeatedly to PLEASE LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITE to see for herself that the special offer DOES indeed come up for the dates selected. Otherwise, how would I know about it? It was like talking to a machine. I'm sure she was busy with the summer season, but the whole experience was extremely odd. Finally, out of the blue, I received an email from Elizabeth saying she had given us credit to receive the 2 for 1 offer. Like she was doing us a special favor or something. Upon arrival there was no mention of our earlier communications. The room itself was quite comfortable, although somewhat dated and needing a remodel. Our upstairs neighbors seemed to be elephants due to loudly sagging floors. However, great location and breakfast including do-it-yourself waffles. Free parking and dog-friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Cape Cod Bay and Provincetown Harbor. Private beach, outdoor heated saline pool, complimentary breakfast, free WIFI, free parking. Courtyard with fire pit, bar service from our Lighthouse Bar. Easy walk to town, 3/4 of a mile through the art district. Pets welcome, pet treats, pet station and pet shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Surfside Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Hotel And Suites
- Surfside Hotel Provincetown