Surfside Hotel & Suites
Lotus Guest House(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Breakfast included
$149
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$269
Hotels.com
Harbor Hotel Provincetown(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$119
Benchmark Inn(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$199
Cape Colony Inn(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$109
The Seaglass Inn & Spa(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$160
$155
Masthead Resort(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$101
$98
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$219
$175
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Brass Key Guesthouse(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
$320
$310
All reviewsfire pitprivate beachwaterfront roomocean frontp townminute walkshared balconyfree breakfastbagelssliding doorwaffle makermake your own wafflesno elevatorgreat poolpool sideking roomcommercial street
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here with my teenaged daughter and her friend. The room although somewhat small was bright, clean and had been recently renovated. There are two sections to the hotel, the side on the beach and the other part a brief walk across a narrow street. We stayed at the latter. The hotel was basically a high rise motel. The steps steep and wooden, one must be careful on these wooden steps. The staircase is not wide. We overlooked the parking lot and a residential street.
The pool was definitely a plus. A saltwater pool, pristine and warm. I enjoyed this immensely. There is a firepit, at night which I also found to be relaxing to sit around. There is a bar in the lobby, not sure what else besides drinks that they may have had. The continental breakfast was very good with the standard fare in additional to waffles and homemade scrambled eggs.
The hotel was actually offered for less than advertised on the travel websites when I called. One drawback was that the price I was given, actually did not include the tax, which the clerk had stated it did. The staff overall was courteous and pleasant. There weren't any security deposits charged upon my debit card when I was there.

The hotel was on Commercial Street, which appears to be the main street in Provincetown. It is where all the action is; shops, restaurants, galleries and many colorful characters. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the center of this area.

A very enjoyable stay and trip was had.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Surfside and had a chance to relax by out fire pit with an evening cocktail and enjoy our saline pool. The extended continental breakfast, always a great way to start one's day. The short walk to town is always a pleasant one going through the art district, shopping, coffee shops, restaurants and local attractions. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Surfside was a pretty decent spot to stay in P-Town...Brightly decorated rooms, with its own private beach across the street as well as a pool. The staff was pretty friendly, and the breakfast in the morning had a variety of options - mostly bread, cereal, and juice.

It is within walking distance to town, but it's still decently far. It was a good 15-20 minute walk from most of the bars and restaurants, but again, doable.

The place isn't immaculate by any means, but its fairly clean, a good value, and close to town. Not bad for a night or two but not sure you would want to stay for an extended period here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lauragp

I happy to hear you enjoyed your time in Provincetown and will pass along your reveiw to my staff, so that they may improve on the concerns you have about the property. We do strive hard to make everyone's stay with us a comfortable one and I hope that you will give us another chance next time in Provincetown, I'm sure my staff will try to improve on the problems you had. Breakfast also consists of Belgian Waffles, scrambled eggs, french toast, sausage, hot and cold cereal, assorted bagels, breads, juices, coffee and assorted teas.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding and it was fantastic. Rooms were clean and comfy, there is a lovely continental breakfast served in the morning, a beautiful pool, a fire ring and lovely patio in the front, rooms that look out over the bay, or the patio area.
It is located along the main street (commercial street) and everything in town is within pleasant walking distance.
The innkeepers were friendly and accessible and so were all of the staff.
This is a pet friendly place and it was great to see several sweet dogs while we were there.

My only suggestion would be that the hotel invest in nicer towels, pillows and linens. Pillows we had were thin and lumpy, bathroom towels were thin and cheap quality. This is where an upgrade could be done!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review - I was a pleasure having friends and family of the wedding couple with us. Everyone enjoyed the pre wedding party in the courtyard and fire pit areas. I will pass this reveiw along to our employees they will be happy to hear that they were helpful and friendly during your stay with us. We will certainly be looking into new linens over the winter months when we are closed to correct these problems. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was our first trip to P-town (yes we are gay). We were looking for a hotel that took pets and we found this one.

Was a great pick. Hotel staff was very nice, we had a waterfront room was also nice (not sure what they other reviews we complaining about) Loved the Outside fireplace (wish we had some marshmallows or smores :) Yes the balconies where common but that was the best part. We were able to meet some nice people. That is what vacation is about!

Beach is also pet friendly so we were able to take our dog and meet other dog owners. Everyone was so nice no matter where we went!!

Breakfast was nice (waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal bagels etc) Great Italian restaurant next door (and I do mean great).

If we have one complaint would be to have better pillows :)

The city was GREAT!! We were only 15-20 min walk from all the action (they walk is great nice views and galleries). So funny a reviewer stated about the “alternative” lifestyle that is the best part. You can really be yourself no matter who you are. They best part is seeing all the different types of people. This is the way the entire country should be.

We will be making this hotel our stay for many years to come!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for your great review of the Surfside and Provincetown. "PROVINCETOWN LIKE NOWHERE ELSE". I will share your review with my staff, they will be thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of the remodel to the ocear front rooms this past winter and our new courtyard/fire pit. I will also share your review with my fellow chamber members, love to hear from first time guests to Provincetown. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had an oceanfront room with balcony. View was very nice and right on the ocean but we were surprised to find that the balcony was common with the entire floor (actually a walkway). Staff was very nice and accommodating. We asked for extra roll away bed for our son (5 in party) but they didn't have any. Our room was out dated but clean (I believe they are or have updated some of the rooms). The other half of the hotel was across the street with a pool, courtyard area, firepit, breakfast area and small bar. No laundry facilities available. Short walk into town (1/4- 1/2 mile) where restaurants, bars and shopping are. If you didn't know this (we didn't, my fault as I understand this is well known fact) this is a very and I mean very alternative lifestyle open city. We were fine with this but you will be solicited to see cabaret or other shows as you walk through the commercial area and men in drag is a common site. If you bring your children they will have some questions for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank acdecal
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments, however, all waterfront rooms were remodeled this past winter including the room you stayed in. As for Provincetown it is an alternative lifestyle town a fact well known to most if you read the Provincetown websites. We are sorry you seem to not enjoy your stay with us and in Provincetown.