“Friendly & Helpful Staff”

The Donut Experiment Provincetown
Ranked #4 of 4 Bakeries in Provincetown
Description: Welcome to The Donut Experiment(R), where every donut is your creation! We start with a delicious, fresh-made cake donut and then you pick from our huge selection of icings and toppings. Yours can be as simple as plain or glazed or as crazy as key lime, maple bacon or Sriracha. Stop by today and begin your own experiment.
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Cute little place for a snack. Had a simple donut, glazed with cinnamon sugar. Topping was good, but donut was nothing special for me.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Fresh coffee was delish.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Really, all Provincetown needed was the perfect doughnut. And now it's arrived.
The great thing about this place is that the basic cake doughnut is truly excellent. It's the kind you can take deep, old-fashioned pleasure in just dunking in black coffee.
Most people, of course, want all kinds of glazes, toppings, etc, and they're all here. (So glad they've got a great maple glaze.) There are imaginative and delicious daily or weekly specials: S'more donuts are sublime.
It's easy to see the thought and care that's gone into all products here--there's a great (sweetened) house iced coffee that's worth hanging out with for a half hour, watching the world go by. The owner operators are accessible and friendly and enjoy taking coffee and donuts -- best places, best combinations. Also just genuinely nice people.
If you are tired of the sun and the crowds: hang out at the sheltered tables behind the store. Not a great view but you get a couple of hours of free WiFi -- which goes very well with coffee and donuts.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018

My kids really enjoyed the donuts but my favorite was the ice coffee. They make it individually and not in a pot and it was the most amazing ice coffee.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

I personally thought the donut itself was dry, wish it was more moist. I will say the fruity pebbles donut was enjoyable. My young cousins really liked the donuts so it maybe geared more for children.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I found this by accident. I'm so glad we did. I seriously had the best donut I've ever eaten. Made to order. You grab a clipboard and order sheet that lists specials or lets you choose the topping and/or icing. Then they make them right then and there.

We got the glazed which was really good. The cinnamon and sugar was great. But the caramel with sea salt was incredible! The cake in each was perfection. I highly recommend going in and grabbing a bunch and walking over to the beach and enjoying the whole experience. Btw I'm not exaggerating...best donut of my life!

Date of visit: October 2017