“a safe haven with a great view”
Review of Anchor Inn

Anchor Inn
Ranked #21 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 17, 2014

this was a superb destination, from my first telephone conversation with the owner til my last call to him about a forgotten jacket (he offered to send it right back). the room was comfortable and charming, not large, but efficient, with every amenity we could want, including a gas fireplace which provided a cozy ambience and whatever extra heat we might need. the concierge was knowledgeable and friendly, and breakfast was well thought out. the art works on the walls were well chosen, and welcome given that provincetown has that history. my husband and i couldn't have been happier, and were made to feel very much at home. as former cape codders, the balcony and wide open view to the water were just what we needed. excellent experience.

Room Tip: we liked the first floor - it allowed me to sneak into the lobby in my bathrobe and take coffee back...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Anchor Inn

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed here on a Groupon and were very impressed with the room, ocean view, breakfast, and especially the folks that own and run it. The location is ideal with parking in the back. The rooms have porches with deck chairs and a wonderful view of the bay. The bed was very firm and comfortable. Two fresh white robes in the closet, a whirlpool tub that you don't want to get out of, a wet bar, refrigerator, and gas fireplace. In all a beautifully appointed (white on white) room. I would also ad the lobby is tastefully done with all original and for sale art. We had dinner a few doors down at Jimmy's Hideaway. The food was superb and the martini's were to die for. When we come back to Provincetown we will defiantly stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackebel
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I needed a get away for a few days and selected this Inn from a Groupon. We had a regular room which was very clean and comfortable, with a fireplace which was sooooo cozy, and we had a great view of the ocean off our deck. Michael and Sandy could not have been nicer to us, making sure we had everything we needed and knew where we were going. We definitely are going back and we will select one of the suites on the second or third floor which were just gorgeous when I investigated. It would be absolutely perfect if Michael had tea and coffee and maybe some home baked cookies in the afternoon. We could not have asked for a better time for the two of us to reconnect. Thank you both. Looking forward to a visit in the spring.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here the first night of our honeymoon. We were checked in and in our top floor room in about one minute flat. The room was AWESOME!!! It was much larger than the description and pictures led me to believe. The deck was very nice and offered one of the best views of the bay we could find all weekend! The room had a fireplace that was really nice one night fell and it turned cooler.

Bedding was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was likewise very clean and well appointed. The breakfast was fresh and tasty and set us on our way!

Room Tip: Get the King Studio with Ocean View!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bryan L
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I returned to Provincetown for our 24th anniversary and stayed at the Anchor Inn for the first time. Let me just say...we WILL be back! We had a room upstairs which included a whirlpool tub, fireplace and a balcony view of the harbor. I have read several of the other reviews and am a little surprised at what some folks find "unacceptable". Seeing that the Inn is a "house", you cannot compare it to a hotel, each room will be a little different in size and shape. Ours was perfect. Yes, it was a bit expensive but considering the location, I suppose that is to be expected. Michael and Chris were very nice and the resident dogs, Molly and Ginger, were very sweet. My only "negative" would be that there is no coffee maker in the room. Breakfast is served in the lobby from 7-10 am but I found myself waking up early, just to see the gorgeous sunrises from my balcony. I would have enjoyed making my own coffee and heading back to the balcony rather than getting dressed and going downstairs. Still, I cannot complain....next time, I will simply bring a small coffee maker! Problem solved!

The location is great, especially if you are in town to sightsee and shop. Everything is within walking distance and there is parking in the back so you don't have to fight for a spot on the street.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SHARON B
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here Columbus Day weekend. Since it was the off season we got a good deal on Groupon and it was better than expected. Situated on Commercial St. it's in the perfect location with great restaurants next door and water views out back. We were on the first floor in the back. While the room was small it had great amenities like a mini-fridge and fireplace, as well as a balcony looking out on the water. My only complaint is that you could hear everything. We heard people talking and getting breakfast in the lobby very early, so if you're a light sleeper I would suggest a room upstairs. Speaking of breakfast, it went beyond the standard B&B fare of muffins or pastries and included English muffins, homemade scones and hard boiled eggs. All in all we had a wonderful stay and we'll definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaimeLeighBarn
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My newly minted husband and I have been visiting Provincetown for 35 years. During that time we have stayed at a number of charming guesthouses and B&BS, the Anchor Inn used to be one of them. This was our third stay in the last 9 years and the decline under the new owners is hard to overlook. Our room and linens were clean as usual, but I couldn’t help but notice the peeling wallpaper, cracked and improperly repaired floor tiles and broken storm door frame just left on our balcony. The reception desk is rarely staffed; it isn’t unusual to see a guest wandering around looking for a staff person. If you need help you are instructed to call a cell number. The common area used to be brightly lit and welcoming in the evening, the odor of fresh flowers, banana bread or muffins baking permeated the room. Now this area is always semi-dark, during our visit two large dusty cardboard boxes took up residence next to the breakfast buffet, they were still there when we checked out. The owners’ two dogs are kindly but sleep on the furniture when no one is looking; they are also in need of baths. The breakfast buffet is no better than what you will find at a Comfort Inn, this being Cape Cod one could hope to see a pitcher of cranberry juice in the morning. The Anchor Inn had many wonderful qualities and I am sure the new owners mean well. It wouldn’t take much for them to restore the house to its former glory but to do that they need to depend less on their cell phones and pick up an oven mitt or a toolbox.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple