“Great cupcakes”

Relish
Ranked #23 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Nestled in the quiet, residential neighborhood of Provincetown's west end, Relish is a convenient stop on the way to the beach. Relish is a bakery and sandwich shop. A selection of breakfast sandwiches, coffee cakes, muffins and scones for the early birds. Delicious, perfect sandwiches, cheeses, sweets and cookies for an oceanside picnic. Cold gazpacho, prepared meals and salads, cakes, pies. Wedding cakes. Iced cookies. Holiday tins. Relish is the best in its class. Great coffee, espresso, iced tea, water and soft drinks - of course. Breakfast, lunch, and dessert.
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Was just in Ptown this past weekend and stopped here due to the rave reviews. When we stopped in the first time (around 11 am, Sunday), they didn't have any cupcakes ready yet, so we picked up a pain au chocolat, which was tres bon! It wasn't on par with Clear Flour in Boston, but it was very good. Later in the afternoon, maybe around 3/4 pm, we stopped by again for the cupcakes. They only had two kinds: chocolate or vanilla cake, both with vanilla frosting. We got one of each ($3.25 each I think). They were very good - I live in Cambridge/work in Boston, and there are cupcake places everywhere now, but I haven't been impressed with any of them. The cake portion is usually too dry or lacks flavor. With these, I really liked both the chocolate and the vanilla, maybe the chocolate slightly better. The frosting was excellent too - good quality, not too sweet, and plenty of it. So the reviews are correct! I would definitely go back. Note that it's pretty far into the west end - where there isn't much of anything (stores/other restaurants) - it's just after the big bend in the road (commercial street).

1  Thank chouette062

Reviewed August 20, 2010

Family of 5, got 5 sandwiches which we cut up and shared buffet style, with kettle chips, drinks and dessert... kids thought it was neat. Instant gourmet lunch (for the kids) on the hotel deck. Very tasty and convienient.
5 great sandwiches, drinks, chips and dessert for about $60-65 bucks... try that in town.

1  Thank Murphy_Sox
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Good food-- nice people. Good quality food. Highly recommended. Make sure you try the deserts!

1  Thank SeattleDavid
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stopped in for lunch one afternoon while biking around the west end of town. The sandwiches we ordered were fresh and wonderful. The choice of breads was plentiful and our sandwiches include crisp greens. As other reviewers stated – the cupcakes are to die for. I had the carrot cake cupcake. The frosting was over the top delicious. Sandwiches were priced at 7.95 which made for a reasonable lunch. If cupcakes are not your thing, there were tons of other fresh baked goods to pick from. We will return!

1  Thank Elementzzofstyle
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Relish rightfully deserves the rave reviews! We read some here before going today for lunch. My husband and I got sandwiches and drinks. The counter staff was friendly and helpful. The menu options were simple and interesting. I got a tomato, basil and mozzarella. My husband got a Mexican. The bread options were artfully arranged in a basket so you could see what would most complete your sandwich. And the bread definitely made the sandwich: Our food was absolutely delicious! I regret not getting cupcakes since they were very enticing looking. Next time.

1  Thank garlicgrower