“Must stop by for a bite”
Review of Relish

Relish
Ranked #25 of 139 Restaurants in Provincetown
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Nestled in the quiet, residential neighborhood of Provincetown's west end, Relish is a convenient stop on the way to the beach. Relish is a bakery and sandwich shop. A selection of breakfast sandwiches, coffee cakes, muffins and scones for the early birds. Delicious, perfect sandwiches, cheeses, sweets and cookies for an oceanside picnic. Cold gazpacho, prepared meals and salads, cakes, pies. Wedding cakes. Iced cookies. Holiday tins. Relish is the best in its class. Great coffee, espresso, iced tea, water and soft drinks - of course. Breakfast, lunch, and dessert.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Must stop by for a bite”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was our first time here checking out the place. We stopped by on our bikes on our way home from the beach. So charming, AWESOME food, and great vibe. Cannot wait to go back on our next visit!

Visited June 2014

Georgia
“Great place to get picnic lunch.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We were getting a picnic supper for Arts Dune sunset Tour...I didn't want a sandwich, so I got a key lime torte, and it was absolutely delicious! The torte looked so delicious that i decided to go for it as my meal! My husband and the other couple bought the Italian sandwich,and they really liked it. The prices weren't cheap, but the food was yummy.

Visited July 2014
Frank V, Owner at Relish, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much! You're the southerners who liked my baked goods. I always take special pride when I get compliments on the bakery from southerners. You all (y'all?) have some of the best baked goods in America. Thanks again for stopping in to Relish. Hope to see you again soon!

Thanks
Frank
“Delish”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the Italian and the Mexican and both were amazing. This is a great little place for a quick bite on your way to the beach!

Boston, MA
“$22.50 for two sandwiches and a cupcake?”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

On our way to the beach, we decided to pick up a couple sandwiches and thought Relish might be a nice change. We ordered two Italian Tuna sandwiches, one on multi-grain and the other on French. I picked up a cupcake too as a treat. What a disappointment.

First off, $22.50 for two sandwiches and a cupcake, what's with that? Secondly, we both found the tuna bland and almost tasteless hard to do when there are capers in it. How about some salt and pepper? Also, my multi-grain bread had to be days old, and it was falling apart as I ate; it was so dried out.

Sadly, the reputation far exceeds the quality. Buyer beware, trendy doesn't mean good.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank DRaymond
Frank V, Owner at Relish, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Firstly, thanks for coming to Relish. We're very sorry you had a disappointing lunch. Next time you are in town, please come back and give us the opportunity to make it right.

To address your concerns, you are absolutely correct about that multigrain bread. One of my employees brought it to my attention that same day and we threw out the batch. We get bread deliveries several times a week. Our bread is always fresh, but for some reason, several loaves of the multigrain that day were very dry and crumbly. I have contacted our purveyor to let them know and they have fixed the problem.

As for the mediterranean tuna being under seasoned, we are very disappointed that was the case. Our mediterranean tuna is normally very flavorful. It is extremely popular. As we are a seasonal business, we must train new employees every summer. Although I have a very precise recipe, sometimes the final seasoning of salt and lemon needs some minor adjusting depending on the saltiness of the tuna to begin with. I will make sure I am tasting it regularly as my new seasonal employees get up to speed.

Finally, as for the price, I have done a bit of research on sandwich prices at similar establishments around town. Generally, in Provincetown, sandwiches cost between $8.25-$10. At $8.75, our sandwich prices are competitive.

As an owner who takes a lot of pride in his business I thank you for bringing these things to our attention.

-Frank
Massachusetts
“Delicious Wraps”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We wanted to try something different for lunch on this visit to P-town, so walked to the west end of Commercial to try Relish. We had two wheat wraps: #8 Quinoa and Chick Pea; and #10 Tomato Basil Mozarella. Both were fresh and delicious. The only negative is that there is no good place to eat the sandwiches. There is one small bench just outside the door, but it was occupied, so we sat on the edge of the sidewalk - not the most comfortable. Worth the walk for the sandwiches? Absolutely.

• Visited June 2014
Frank V, Owner at Relish, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
We're really glad you enjoyed your sandwiches at Relish. Thank you so much for the kind review.

Frank