“Just like being there...”
Review of Karoo Kafe - CLOSED

Karoo Kafe
Cuisines: African, Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: This is a SOUTH African restaurant. It is Zagat rated.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Karoo Kafe is a place everyone who visits Provincetown should go to sample true South African food. Having been to South African several times I was pleasantly surprised to find this spot in the East End to be the real deal. As it turns out the owner/chef is a native South African. The food is fabulous, the prices are reasonable. Try the ostrich, it's yummy! The only down side, Karoo Kafe isn't open for dinner, lunch only.

There are newer reviews for Karoo Kafe

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Good food. Order at the counter, wait at your table kind of place. Good variety on the menu. Good food, dogs okay on the patio. I'd go back for sure.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you are tired of the touristy seafood joints, try the Karoo Kafe before or after gallery hopping. The place is bright and colorful, the service cheerful and friendly, and the food interesting. I had the South African national dish, bootie, a soft meatloaf with a mix of interesting flavors. We also enjoyed two different soups; I especially liked the pumpkin soup. Is this the best place in P'Town? I'm not sure about that, but it certainly is worth a try.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Recently, we returned for a two week stay in Provincetown and visited some of our favorite restaurants. This time, a group of "locals" took us to Karoo Kafe. What a delightful and unique little restaurant with brightly colored walls. Sanette, the owner (?) said she was inspired to paint the walls these colors after laying out various colored curries.
I had an outstanding peanut soup and pita bread stuffed with a delicious lamb. My partner had a vegetarian plate and he's not vegetarian. In fact, we again visited the restaurant and he re-order this same dish and I re-ordered the peanut soup.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for something alittle different and creative in Ptown this place is for you. Not fine dining but culinary delight. Atmosphere is casual and very friendly. Chef delivered our order and spent time with us! Recomend highly. Quick casual and different.