“What a wonderful place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jimmy's HideAway
Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Cozy, friendly, upscale casual 50 seat restaurant with a water view and fireplace where friends meet and laughter flows.
“What a wonderful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Elegant, delicious and so friendly! The food was amazing & staff very pleasant. We will definitely be coming back!!

Largo, Florida
“I remember Jimmy when!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have been following Jimmy since his days at the Lobster Pot. A charmer, knows how customers should be treated. When he opened his Hideaway I was so excited for him because I knew it would be the best. I have never been disappointed. Jimmy's Hideaway is my 2nd restaurant night out during my August. trip. Jimmy, see you Carnival week.

• Visited August 2013
New York City
“Still hidden and cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Still hidden and cozy, this is one of the best in P-Town. We had chilled Cucumber and Avocado Soup, Spinach Salad
Tossed with Toasted Almonds, Dried Cranberries, Asian Pears, Bleu Cheese and Bacon Crumbles Pomegranate Champagne Vinaigrette, Scallop Piccata Pan Seared with White Wine, Lemon, Parsley and Capers Served over a Potato Pancake and Sautéed Vegetables, and Steamed Local Littleneck Clams In a White Clam Sauce with Artichoke Hearts, Peperoncini Peppers Nicoise Olives and Fresh Oregano Tossed with Linguini. Delightful.

2 Thank PeterJNewYorkCity
Massachusetts
“Excellent Food, Weak Wine List”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We both had daily special baby kale salads, and were pleasantly surprised by how tender the kale was, and how delicious the salads were. Neither of us thought the addition of Bing cherries to the salad was an enhancement, but they didn't detract, so that was fine. The one vegetarian entree is "Tofu Napoleon" which my wife really enjoyed. My pork tenderloin was delicious - perfectly cooked and with a nice set of accompaniments. The only negative was a very weak wine list - one of the shortest I've seen anywhere and not choice selections. With a better wine list this would have rated a 5.

Toronto
“Insanely oily and overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I write this review as I am doubled over in pain from having eaten here. My partner and I didn't have reservations. They accommodated us right away as walk ins which was great. The service was excellent. The food unfortunately was so rich and oily that neither of us could finish our meals. We had the salmon and the scallops. The amount of grease and oil combined with rubbery texture on the scallops made it impossible to eat. The salmon was so greasy that the rice had to be consumed in order to absorb oil. We are typically clean eaters and we love to go out to fine dining occasionally (especially when on vacation). This was overpriced, at $115 for 2 people - with apps and a drink each. I would not return. The service on the other hand was excellent.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank travelanywhere81
James M, Owner at Jimmy's HideAway, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Rarely do I feel compelled to respond to the few negative comments we receive, but this one deserves the record being set straight.
First of all, our prices are comparable to all the other fine dining restaurants in Provincetown.
We have many "clean" dishes, along with a few rich ones, which our menu clearly describes.
The salmon and the scallops are the richest dishes on our menu, which customers love. I agree that we have excellent service and our knowledgeable servers are happy to answer any questions anyone has. If they didn't know what beurre blanc or a picatta sauce was they should have asked. Many French named sauces are not light. The beurre blanc sauce is made with butter, not grease or oil. The picatta sauce is made with butter, lemon, capers and white wine.
Twice our customers are given the opportunity to help us correct any situation they might have a problem with. The servers as well as the host, asks how everything is. We want to accommodate
our patrons and bend over backwards to do so. I wish they had ask their server for guidance. Its unfortunate that in this day and age when angry people would rather remain silent and prefer to write a nasty review when we are so eager to please.
Jimmy's Hideaway