“The best baked goods in Provincetown”

Far Land Provisions
Ranked #2 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My partner and I went to this place twice a day during our stay. We loved it! The staff were very friendly and the treats were fabulous. You MUST try the maple walnut scone.

Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stopped at Far Land Provisions on a trip to Provincetown based on the reviews. My wife purchased a turkey wrap, and I ordered the High Head sandwich. Neither of us were blown away by the food. The bread was the best part of the sandwich, as nothing else really stood out. The pre-made food looked disgusting as well. It appeared it was sitting in the display case for weeks. The inside of the restaurant was rather dark and dismal, and the location is off of commercial street away from the action.

1  Thank TravelMonkey123
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I consider myself VERY lucky to have a house rental just next door to this great PTown institution. Some of the best dinners I have had in town have been carry out from Far Land eaten on my terrace with friends. Don't fall in love with any one of the delicious dishes they prepare though as they rotate their offerings on a daily basis and the next time you go there will only be a lot more great things to choose from. The staff and owners are exceptionally friendly, helpful and professional. The choice of wines, fresh produce, killer sandwiches...everything actually ...is second to none. This place was a God send and made my holiday . Its a must.

Reviewed June 26, 2009

When in Provincetown, MA, located at the tip of Cape Cod, be sure to stop in and visit Far Land Provisions on Bradford Street. It sells homade baked goods, fresh sandwiches and an assortment of breads, great soups, and fresh brewed coffee. Start your morning at Far Land with two of their mini powdered sugar dusted cheese and raspberry croissants---only a dollar apiece! They make a great bacon (or sausage), egg, and cheese breakfast sandwiches for under $4.00. And their homemade cinnamon rolls, baked on premise by Sue, are similar to what my mom makes--and she is a baker extrodinaire! Try their whoopie pies and raspberry shortbread squares/bars too. There are less than 10 tables at Far Land Provisions where you can sit, eat, read the paper, and sip coffee. They also sells produce, basic grocery items, meats, soda, ice teas, beer, and wine. What I like most about Far Land Provisions is that it is a REAL Cape Cod, owned and operated business--not a chain. You can go green and ride your bike to Far Land---or there is a parking lot for drivers. There is always one of the owners behind the counter waiting on customers. I always feel who ever waits on me appreciates my business. No grumpy clerks. To me, that is a turn off in any situation. And what makes this place special is that there are John F. Kennedy style rocking chairs placed in front of Far Lands so you can sit, sip a soda or coffee, read the paper, and truly unwind outside of this amazing friendly store in a very friendly Cape Cod town. I have been coming to Provincetown since 1977. This is a gem of a business!
Ben F,

1  Thank Woopiedo
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Great for things needed on trips, such as cheese and fruits. Excellent sandwiches and nice people.

1  Thank TimothyWProvincetown