“Excellent, fresh and delicious, great service! Best lobster roll on the Cape!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lucky Dog Ptown - CLOSED

Lucky Dog Ptown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Lucky Dog Ptown serves Premium all beef hot dogs, veggie dogs, lobster rolls, fresh sausages, homemade cookies, homemade Boston Baked Beans, Chili, Potato Salad, Coleslaw, toppings and more. We source locally, serve only the freshest stuff made on site.. we don't fry or freeze. Lucky Dog Ptown is family owned and operated. Open from end of April through October 31st
Flemington, New Jersey
“Excellent, fresh and delicious, great service! Best lobster roll on the Cape!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited Lucky Dog and it was just amazing! The place is small but clean and organized. The food was amazing -- I had a lobster roll with avocado and bacon and it was to die for, the best I had on the Cape. The roll was fresh and delicious, the bacon was thick and well cooked. Just yum! Two people in my party had the pulled pork sandwich and it was huge and delicious. One had the chili cheese dog which was amazing. And on top of the great food, the service was outstanding. Everyone was very friendly and on top of that, we had someone in our party with a peanut allergy and the people at Lucky Dog were very understanding and gave us all the information we needed, including options for rolls and personal information about where the rolls come from (they are baked in a nearby Portuguese bakery, yum) or the alternative packaged rolls. All in all, the best meal we had and a great experience. Thanks guys!

Bucharest, Romania
“Good hotdogs”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great quick food and good seating not far from Macmillan Pier. Try the New York hotdog or the one with sauerkraut. Yummy.

Visited August 2013
Plattsburgh, NY
“Good Food - Overpriced”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Suprised this place is ranked as highly as it is. Food is good, don't get me wrong, but it's overpriced, even for P-town. My Nor'Easter Lobster Roll was very good, the cook asked me how much mayo and Old Bay I wanted, which was nice. I don't like lobster rolls that have a ton of mayo. I want to taste the lobster! However, it wasn't worth $16!! I've had lobster rolls just as good, with more meat, for substantially less. My girlfriend had a turkey and avocado sandwich, which she said was very good, but I'm not all about spending $9 on a sandwich w/ 4 oz. of meat. I've read their hot dogs are outstanding, but no matter how good they may be, I couldn't bring myself to spend $8-$10 on a hot dog. I can go to the other hot dog joint in P-town and spend $4 on a footlong that is apparently excellent as well.

Overall, they have decent food, but for what it is, it's overpriced. There are better options for dining out for lunch in P-town. I'd suggest Mojo's if you're in the mood for something quick.

• Visited August 2013
“Quality and care shine through”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

You might say to yourself, "how good can a hot dog stand really be?" Lucky Dog shows that care and attention to detail can lift the humblest meal to the sublime. The dogs are thick and juicy and have that satisfying snap when you bite into them. The lobster rolls are spilling over with juicy sweet lobster, and they don't mix in the mayo until you order. They only add as much as you like! The Mac and cheese is velvety and decadent. These are people who give a damn about what they do, and it shows. Amazing place!

San Francisco, California
“Overpriced, but tasty”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Like most places in Ptown, the value is a bit dubious. Part of running a seasonal business. But the dogs are quite tasty, with a nice natural casing crunch and good flavor.

Visited August 2013