“Hot dog!”
Review of Lucky Dog Ptown - CLOSED

Lucky Dog Ptown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Lucky Dog Ptown serves Premium all beef hot dogs, veggie dogs, lobster rolls, fresh sausages, homemade cookies, homemade Boston Baked Beans, Chili, Potato Salad, Coleslaw, toppings and more. We source locally, serve only the freshest stuff made on site.. we don't fry or freeze. Lucky Dog Ptown is family owned and operated. Open from end of April through October 31st
Charlestown, Massachusetts, United States
“Hot dog!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have gone to Lucky Dog for the past few years, whenever I am in Provincetown. The owner is a great guy, and he knows how to put hot dogs front and center for diners. I happen to LOVE hot dogs, and the all beef franks here are as good as you'll find anywhere.

I only go for the "Classic" with mustard, relish and onions, as I believe there are too many gimmicks that can overwhelm the frank. These are perfect!

Also, they have great soft drinks from Spindrift and real Coca-Cola from Mexico with real sugar. What could be better? Hard to find, but worth looking for!

• Visited July 2013

Northwest Missouri
“Excellent Service and Lobster”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had the warm lobster and butter. Very good. The owner of the place and staff really want to make sure you are pleased with your meal. I was. I would return for more!

Visited June 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Definitely a MUST when in Ptown!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lucky Dog Ptown is NOT your run-of-the-mill, fast-food hot dog shop. The shop is spotlessly clean, the decor is hip 1950-esque, and the food is an eclectic blend of gourmet dogs and sandwiches. I had an Italian Sausage and my partner enjoyed a Chicken Salad. Both were large and delicious. We will definitely be back on our next visit to Ptown.

Auburn, Maine
“The hot dog get the gourmet treatment”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

If you're looking for a dining "experience" you should give Lucky Dog a try. The Mac Dog (piled with mac & cheese and, in my case, bacon) is an insane sight to behold. Make sure you grab a fork before you sit down because you'll need to wolf down a fair bit of mac & cheese before you can reasonably hope to start working on the dog itself. The restaurant is small and clean and the service was friendly. The prices felt a bit on the high side, though it seemed like they used quality ingredients. Was it the best hot dog I've ever had? Possibly. Though it's still just a hot dog. That said, I'm glad I tried it and I would return.

Auburn, Maine
“Fun tourist town experience”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had the classic dog (mustard, onion, and relish). I was a bit underwhelmed, I thought the hot dog really overwhelmed the bun and condiments (perhaps testament to the size of the hot dog). You must pay cash; our order with two hot dogs, two soda fountain beverages, and a bag of chips came to $18. There is limited outdoor (or indoor) seating. They are located right next to where the buses for the bus tours disgorge their passengers...oddly enough, the restaurant seems to cater to this business by offering folks off the bus tours free beverages with their meals. For being a hot dog shop, I thought their hot dog offerings were actually a bit on the limited side (quite a few things on their menu only vary by whether you add cheese or bacon). Service was friendly. All that being said, if you want a quick yet filling meal and to get on with your day, while experiencing a unique local business, you could do worse.