“Great!!!”
Review of Lucky Dog Ptown - CLOSED

Lucky Dog Ptown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Lucky Dog Ptown serves Premium all beef hot dogs, veggie dogs, lobster rolls, fresh sausages, homemade cookies, homemade Boston Baked Beans, Chili, Potato Salad, Coleslaw, toppings and more. We source locally, serve only the freshest stuff made on site.. we don't fry or freeze. Lucky Dog Ptown is family owned and operated. Open from end of April through October 31st
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Two years in a row while vacationing in Cape Cod we have visited Lucky Dog. Both occasions have been excellent. The owner is very pleasant and accomodating. The menu is basic, with the hot dog obviously receiving center stage. Several creative combinations of toppings make up the various options. The beef dogs are very tasty. The homemade mac and cheese is great either as a topping, or a side dish.
I highly recommend Lucky Dog for it's friendly atmosphere, fresh flavorful food and decent value.

3  Thank Tom211

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I find it odd to review a hot dog joint, being as most of my reviews went to sit-down, waiter-serviced restaurants, but I must commend Lucky Dog for having two things nobody else in P-town serving franks has: 1) the hot dogs are served on really good brioches instead of generic, pull-apart enriched white bread buns, and 2) the owner and staff are warm, friendly and conversational. I've never experienced such easy food treated with such reverence and care. The locale is easy-access, the food is inexpensive, and I highly suggest making this a pit-stop for a quick lunch or a cheap dinner.

4  Thank Brandon R
Reviewed June 16, 2011

If you're looking for something different well this is the place for you. I was so impressed with all the different variety of hot dogs and what a charming atmosphere. Will be making this a place to visit again and again.

2  Thank toogood323
Reviewed May 20, 2011

My partner and I recently visited P-town for the day while we were at the Cape for a week. We hadn't been to town in a couple of years, and Lucky Dog immediately struck us as a new interesting place to try for a quick bite. We are from Rochester and Syracuse NY - two places who know their hot dogs - and as a result we are often not impressed with hot dogs while traveling. But, I am so glad we chose to stop at Lucky Dog! I was intrigued by the mac n cheese and bacon covered hot dog, but I decide to go "lite" with the classic dog with bacon and cheddar cheese only. It was wonderful! The bacon was thick and crispy, the cheese was not a cheese sauce, but real melted cheese smothered on the dog. And the dog? Well, it was so flavorful - unlike anything I'd ever had before. It held its own against the cheese and bacon. Definitely not your average Ball Park or Oscar Meyer Weiner. My partner did try the mac n cheese dog and I couldn't resist a bite of the mac n cheese off her dog. It was so good that I immediately sent her back in to get me a side of my own! Creamy, cheesy, and just right! So now you know the food is great, but the service made it even better. The owner was very welcoming and friendly and went above and beyond normal service that you would expect in any restaurant,let alone a hot dog stand. We were traveling with our dog and she was welcome on the patio with a bowl of water and treats, which was also a nice touch. You might be tempted to go somewhere less expensive on the pier, but you get what you pay for and if you want a great meal instead of just a regular hot dog, pay the extra buck or two and have a great meal and experience at Lucky Dog!

2  Thank nettieplee
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We are locals and have been meaning to try this place, so an opening early in the season on a sunny afternoon seemed like a good time. Now, Lucky Dog has more than traditional hot dogs. They do have those, but my partner and I both had the Mac Dog where they heat homemade macaroni and cheese and good bacon then slather on it your dog. It was really good - and filling. I would definitely ask for a side of their homemade hot salsa made from banana peppers. It's the "hot" one that's homemade. We also like the little red velvet cake desserts shaped like hot dogs with cream cheese filling. They're cute. Lucky dog is definitely worth checking out. It's convenient when you're walking around town, and it's very affordable. I'm sure we'll be back.

2  Thank PtownTMW