“OK, best gelato ever.”

Ranked #1 of 16 Dessert in Provincetown
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Purple Feather is a true Mom & Pop place. All of our chocolate confections are hand made in our own kitchens. We also make all our own gelato, desserts and fudge. Our Hot chocolate and Mocha Lattes are considered the best by many of our guests. We use only "George Howell" coffee & espresso, and "Mem" loose leaf teas Purple Feather now serves Breakfast till noon and the rest of our food menu till 8 PM. Try our Lobster Roll or Baked Mac & Cheese. We also serve panini, sandwiches & salads for very reasonable price. Our baked mac & cheese is an old family recipe. We now have a full bar! Try our Mermaids Orgasm before dinner or a new gelato cocktail after.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

OK, best gelato ever. Our whole group felt it was the best we had throughout our trip up the east coast. They will also put it into an adult beverage if you would like. The fudge and other items in the store looked really good, but we didn't try any of their other goods.

1  Thank JamieShelby

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The Purple Feather has delicious gelato AND when I ordered a waffle bowl for only $1, it was made right in front of me!!! Sample a few flavors and then make your choice. Very friendly staff. I had a scoop of pistachio and a scoop of snickers. Both excellent. This ice cream shop also serves drinks, limited food (lobster rolls), gourmet chocolate and also, chocolate "novelty" items (think P-town people).

Reviewed July 11, 2014

So much to choose from. Sampled several and found every one just as tasty. A definite place to go any time.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The ice cream at Purple Feather is good although the flavors are a bit odd. The service leaves a lot to be desired. There are many other ice cream establishments along Commercial Street that have great ice cream without the attitude.

Peter O, Owner at The Purple Feather Cafe & Treatery, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Jeffeysdad
I am sorry that you had a difficult experience with our staff. I make every attempt to train our staff to be considerate and efficient while helping customers in our cafe.
I will post your review for all of our staff to see so that we can improve our service.
Thank you for coming in to Purple Feather

Reviewed July 2, 2014

There were numerous shops pushing homemade ice cream in the area but this one stood out with their large selection of gelato. We were in Ptown for 2 days and had their gelato 3 times. It was amazing. I bothered my husband throughout the remainder of our vacation when we were traveling to other areas with "you know what would be good right now? GELATO." I wish I could have it shipped to my door. The chocolate pistachio was amazing. Skip the ice cream places and try gelato, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank jvive

Thanks very much for coming in and your kind words.
Next time may I suggest trying one of our Gelato Cocktails they are everything you want in an after dinner dessert.
Peter