“Great gelato & home made waffle cones”

The Purple Feather Cafe & Treatery
Ranked #2 of 16 Dessert in Provincetown
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Purple Feather is a true Mom & Pop place. All of our chocolate confections are hand made in our own kitchens. We also make all our own gelato, desserts and fudge. Our Hot chocolate and Mocha Lattes are considered the best by many of our guests. We use only "George Howell" coffee & espresso, and "Mem" loose leaf teas Purple Feather now serves Breakfast till noon and the rest of our food menu till 8 PM. Try our Lobster Roll or Baked Mac & Cheese. We also serve panini, sandwiches & salads for very reasonable price. Our baked mac & cheese is an old family recipe. We now have a full bar! Try our Mermaids Orgasm before dinner or a new gelato cocktail after.
Woonsocket
“Great gelato & home made waffle cones”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The Purple Feather has delicious gelato AND when I ordered a waffle bowl for only $1, it was made right in front of me!!! Sample a few flavors and then make your choice. Very friendly staff. I had a scoop of pistachio and a scoop of snickers. Both excellent. This ice cream shop also serves drinks, limited food (lobster rolls), gourmet chocolate and also, chocolate "novelty" items (think P-town people).

Danbury, Connecticut
“Great gelato and more”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

So much to choose from. Sampled several and found every one just as tasty. A definite place to go any time.

Frederick, Maryland
“Good ice cream”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The ice cream at Purple Feather is good although the flavors are a bit odd. The service leaves a lot to be desired. There are many other ice cream establishments along Commercial Street that have great ice cream without the attitude.

Visited July 2014
Peter O, Owner at The Purple Feather Cafe & Treatery, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Jeffeysdad
I am sorry that you had a difficult experience with our staff. I make every attempt to train our staff to be considerate and efficient while helping customers in our cafe.
I will post your review for all of our staff to see so that we can improve our service.
Thank you for coming in to Purple Feather
Buckhorn, Canada
“Skip the icecream shops - come here for gelato!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

There were numerous shops pushing homemade ice cream in the area but this one stood out with their large selection of gelato. We were in Ptown for 2 days and had their gelato 3 times. It was amazing. I bothered my husband throughout the remainder of our vacation when we were traveling to other areas with "you know what would be good right now? GELATO." I wish I could have it shipped to my door. The chocolate pistachio was amazing. Skip the ice cream places and try gelato, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jvive
Thanks very much for coming in and your kind words.
Next time may I suggest trying one of our Gelato Cocktails they are everything you want in an after dinner dessert.
Peter
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Best gelato in Ptown!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This cafe has gone through a transition in the past three years to become more of a traditional cafe, serving sandwiches, pastries, and still serves the best gelato I've ever had! I was pleasantly surprised this year that they have rearranged their space to accommodate more seating inside and added an outdoor patio area. You can try as many of the flavors of gelato you want in order to pick a favorite! My favorite is peanut butter chocolate! They offer it in traditional cones, chocolate coated sugar cones, or cups.Look forward tot he Purple Feather every summer!

Visited July 2014
Thanks for your kind review
We look forward to seeing you again soon