“Great service and awesome gelato!!”

The Purple Feather Cafe & Treatery
Ranked #3 of 16 Dessert in Provincetown
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Purple Feather is a true Mom & Pop place. All of our chocolate confections are hand made in our own kitchens. We also make all our own gelato, desserts and fudge. Our Hot chocolate and Mocha Lattes are considered the best by many of our guests. We use only "George Howell" coffee & espresso, and "Mem" loose leaf teas Purple Feather now serves Breakfast till noon and the rest of our food menu till 8 PM. Try our Lobster Roll or Baked Mac & Cheese. We also serve panini, sandwiches & salads for very reasonable price. Our baked mac & cheese is an old family recipe. We now have a full bar! Try our Mermaids Orgasm before dinner or a new gelato cocktail after.
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My partner and I were VERY impressed with the outstanding service! On our recent trip to Provincetown we came across The Purple Feather and decided to go in and try the gelato and coffee. Both were outstanding!! Everything they have to offer looked amazing! So later that same day we decided to go back. Once again the gelato was wonderful! Also being typical ignorant tourist we didn't realize that it was 6:00/closing time but the lovely women that work there made us feel like we were the first customers of the day and accomodated our every need. They even went so far as brewing my partner new coffee at a little after 6:00 when they could have easily just given him the old stuff that was already brewed. We will definitely go back every time we visit! And we both recommend The Purple Feather to everyone. But don't be like us, be considerate , please go there before closing time.Thanks again !!

1  Thank Thomas W

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I truly loved the desserts here and the ladies that were working the day we were there were very nice. They let us sample different desserts before we finally settled on the ones we wanted. I would have given them an excellent except for the price. Even with that said, at least go in and take a look around. A chocolate lovers dream!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The Roasted Hazelnut Gelato on a freshly homemade waffle cone (made right in front of you) was to die for. I cannot wait to be back.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stopped here for a cup of coffee one afternoon and sat on the patio outside. It was a cool day of 55 degrees but the sun was warm. I sat for almost an hour with no pressure from the staff to leave. The sell pastries and I think sandwiches but I only had coffee.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had lunch recently here. Ugh. Never again. Lobster mac for 15 dollars? It was dry n bland. My partner couldnt eat it. I forced it down at that price. Lobster rough n chewy like overcooked steak. And the clam chowder was watery and not cooked-potatoes in chowder shouldn't crunch. By the time lunch was over I didnt even want to check out the pretty desserts. Its a shame cuz I was really looking forward to checking this place out.

Peter O, Owner at The Purple Feather Cafe & Treatery, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Bellafin
I am sorry you did not like Purple Feather
It is always our aim and intention to satisfy all of our customers when ever possible. We work very hard to provide quality homemade products at a fair price.
In fact we responded to customer comments regarding our baked lobster mac & cheese last year by increasing the amount of lobster we use by 50%. Unfortunately this change did require us to increase the price to $14.99, but after doing a comparison study up and down Cape Cod and Provincetown, we feel this is a very competitive price. I can honestly say that nearly all, you being the exception, of our customers are very satisfied with our new baked lobster mac & cheese.
Our soups and chowders are made from scratch and we do not typically add as much thickening agents and fillers as many restaurants in an effort to minimize the gluten content as possible. We understand that this may not meet with everyone's approval all the time.
I hope you do return to Purple Feather sometime in the future and try some of our hand made chocolates, desserts or gelato. I am sure you will find something here to like
Wishing you a sweet day