“Treatful Delights”

Ranked #2 of 16 Dessert in Provincetown
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Purple Feather is a true Mom & Pop place. All of our chocolate confections are hand made in our own kitchens. We also make all our own gelato, desserts and fudge. Our Hot chocolate and Mocha Lattes are considered the best by many of our guests. We use only "George Howell" coffee & espresso, and "Mem" loose leaf teas Purple Feather now serves Breakfast till noon and the rest of our food menu till 8 PM. Try our Lobster Roll or Baked Mac & Cheese. We also serve panini, sandwiches & salads for very reasonable price. Our baked mac & cheese is an old family recipe. We now have a full bar! Try our Mermaids Orgasm before dinner or a new gelato cocktail after.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Treatful Delights”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

There is so many treats here that you will return many times over. Chocolate covered bacon.... I never heard before visiting. We ended ever evening with a cup of their luscious coffee try spicing it up with Godiva Chocolate liqueur. and visit their edible Novelty section...

Visited October 2013
Peter O, Owner at The Purple Feather Cafe & Treatery, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.
Perhaps on your next visit you will try our "Chocolate Martini" made with Godiva white or dark chocolate liqueur. we even dip the glass in chocolate before we serve it.

Hamilton, Bermuda
“Drool worthy desserts”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stopped in with my mother-in-law and my daughter to grab something to eat. Little did we know about the dessert, chocolate and gelato cases. My daughter, who is eleven, got busy checking things out and deciding what we would take back to my husband. We ordered paninis to eat in house. I had a jerk chicken panini which was delicious. For dessert, we had raspberry mousse in a chocolate bowl. It was so fragrantly fruity and creamy! The nice thing was that the server offered us little tasting samples of both their raspberry and chocolate mousses. Definitely stop in if you're in Provincetown.

• Visited October 2013
Thanks for coming in to Purple Feather
Just to let you know we will be making our Eggnog Panna Cotta for Thanksgiving, just in case you are around.
“Awesome desserts!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Have your dinner, walk around the charming town and stop by for an incredible array of sweets to cater to most everyone. Get some delicious chocolate treats to go while you're at it!

Thank you so much fro taking the time to review us.
Please remember that we are open Thur - Mon till New Years should you want to come back
Boston, Massachusetts
“Skip the lunch”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Was it just me, or did the waitstaff seem a little catty here? Lots of rolling eyes and mumbled remarks from everyone inside.

We came here for lunch, planning on getting the 'famous' mac and cheese and possibly a little dessert to go. The one good thing was the white hot chocolate, which was excellent. The mac and cheese was dry, and tasted like I could've made it myself with a kraft prepackaged mix. The lobster mac and cheese barely had any lobster in it. For the price, I figured it was too good to be true (it was). Really disappointing.

The desserts all looked really good, but after the lackluster lunch I had, I didn't want to pay 2.25 for a bitesized truffle.

• Visited October 2013
Thank you very much for your review, it is through reading reviews like yours that we hope to improve for the future
I am sorry you had such a difficult experience at our Cafe. If you were here over the holiday weekend I admit service was difficult as we were busier than we anticipated and our staffing was so reduced that we had to use less trained servers from the kitchen and office. I am working to better train staff.
I can assure you that our Baked Mac & Cheese is in fact made from scratch using my wife's family recipe, but again I am sorry it was not what you expected.
Finally you may not realize that our chocolate truffles are hand made from imported Belgian chocolate in our own kitchen. Priced per pound, our hand made truffles are less expensive than most of our competition and we think the taste is superior
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Decadent Desserts for all!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

What a lovely little candy shop! Gelato in fresh, hand made waffle cones, chocolates and pastries to please all! A must do if you are in Provincetown. Peter, the Proprietor, was delightful. He almost convinced my boyfriend to propose and for me to give up Milwaukee for Boston. Good effort, Peter! We'll see you next year.

• Visited September 2013