“Noise was so deafening we left”

Victor's Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Vine
Description: Victor's offers a delicious "small plates" dinner menu of New American cuisine, sized for tasting and sharing with friends and family.Dishes are served individually at their hottest, freshest, in an open, airy, light atmosphere. Our cottage-style restaurant, with its cathedral ceiling, central stone fireplace, and tables hand-crafted by owner Victor DePoalo gives diners a comfortable, yet elegant place to enjoy these delicacies. To delight our guests, excellent food is always paired with our warm, gracious service. Don’t miss Raw Bar Happy Hour with lovely fresh Wellfleet oysters, local clams, and shrimp for 99¢, all super fresh.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Restaurant came highly recommended.... Entered the restaurant for a 7p reservation, promptly seated. The noise was so outrageous that you could not hear any conversation at the table. We left without ordering, ate at Red Inn instead-best decision of the night. If you want ambiance, avoid Victors

5  Thank sgagnez4

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had reservations at Victor's, having read the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We walked from the center of town to find it, and when we came upon it, the restaurant looked small and extremely quiet. It was before 5:00 (the time of our reservation), and we were greeted and told we could have a seat at our table in the dining room or at the bar for happy hour - our choice. After selecting the bar, we were greeted and provided a drink and food menu. At this happy hour, outstandingly delicious raw seafood is available for 99 cents each - oysters, shrimp, crab, etc. And the drinks...ah, the drinks are SO amazing! I ordered a white cranberry cosmo, and it was exquisitely delicious with floating fresh cranberries on the top. Although I didn't intend to do so, I ordered 3 oysters, and, when they were brought to me, the presentation was wonderful - with horseradish/cocktail sauce and another elegantly prepared gourmet blend. The oysters were the best I've ever had anywhere!!! Once finished, we were led into the small dining room next to the fireplace decorated for Halloween. By that time, the bar was full with customers enjoying drinks and the raw bar. The tapas style menu was explained to us by Henrique, our server, who treated us like we were the only customers in the place. There was attention to the smallest of details - finding a candle for the pumpkin at the top of the fireplace, cleaning the table of crumbs between courses, etc. We ordered two more drinks because of the fabulous talents of the bartender that evening. My husband ordered Little Italy, which was amazing and very potent I ended up ordering a lychee martini and a second drink that I can't remember the name of. We knew we had found a gourmet restaurant of the highest quality when our food was served - coconut encrusted shrimp, ahi tuna, and spring rolls. A M A Z I N G! After the delectable dinner, my husband ordered pumpkin brulee, that was so delicious there really are no words to describe. We both agreed that we need to go back to Provincetown and to Victor's and make a meal of the raw bar and the other happy hour accompaniments. If I could rate Victor's higher than a five, I would. This is the place to go when you want to be catered to and enjoy a spectacular culinary experience.

3  Thank MaryArdith
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the food and it was tasty. Good bar drinks. The service was so-so. We found it difficult to hear our guests and had to yell to engage in any type of conversation.

2  Thank PLKENN
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Victor's is a find-small, intimate, friendly and the food is exceptional. They offer a wonderful "Raw Bar" happy hour Monday-Friday from 4pm-6pm. Oysters, clams, crab claws, and shrimp ~$1 each. Buy one of their signature drinks, a mohito, margarita, or cosmo and you've got yourself a wonderful meal or an extraordinary appetizer course. My husband and I go regularly when we're in Ptown, but get there early (closer to 4 than 5) because it is often crowded and the space tends to get crowded. The staff is friendly and helpful. You can order many things from the "Happy Hour" menu, including tuna tartar and baked oysters, but the raw bar is my favorite.

We have eaten dinner here and the seafood is always fresh and cooked to perfection. My latest choice was a poached halibut served over baby asparagus. Melts in your mouth delectable. But DO make reservations.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Victors has become our absolutely favorite place! There are no enough adjectives for me to describe how wonderful the staff are, the food is, the drinks are, or the atmosphere. Each time we are in town (which is at least 6 times a year), we go to Victors at least 2-3 times each trip. LOVE IT and so will you.