“Horses are treated horribly!!”
Review of Cornerstone Ranch

Cornerstone Ranch
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Princeton
Worcester, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Horses are treated horribly!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I went to trail ride with my best friend. We both are quite familiar with horses since we ride horses for many years. Cornerstone Rach does appear to treat the horses well. Theses horses worked back to back after either an one hour or two hours trail ride. We got there and the horses had just finished going on a long trail and the very same horses were being used again, and again after the next group people showed up. They only had maybe 30 min break in between. The horses worked over 6 hours!!! And the hay they were feeding the horses looked molded and they didn't get plenty of water to drink. I will never return based on the way the horses were treated. The place was dirty and the horses looked tired and burnt out. They look lethargic. I think the people don't really care about the horses even though they claim they rescued the horses, and put them them to work.

Visited August 2013
10 Thank DaxandMax

Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“First Time on a horse”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I went for a trail ride at the cornerstone Ranch in Princeton ma.
First time for both of us. We had a great time ,Everybody was so friendly and helpful. Beautiful scenery, fall foliage at its peak!! We could see Boston from the high point of the ride. The horses were calm and our leader was great.

I would recommend this ride for all age groups(we are seniors)

2 Thank David M
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I took my teen niece for horseback riding at Cornerstone Ranch. We got the groupon for 2 people for 2 hours for $70. It was definitely worth it. The area is absolutely beautiful, especially when the leaves start to change. The staff, Sue and everyone else, were very polite and knowledgeable without being pushy or over the top of teaching us how to ride (this was our first time). I gave it 4 stars and not 5 because I really wish we would have trotted or galloped with the horses even for a few minutes. Otherwise we had a great morning ride! :) I would recommend!

1 Thank Steffy M
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been twice now and it is a great experience. The horses are well behaved (no run offs, refusals, race towards the barn etc antics), the tours are very nice and head through the woods of the berkshires. I took my sister for her 51st birthday and she was thrilled. The indtructors/guides do an excellent job of matching rider to horse. This is great for beginners/never-Evers as the ride is conducted purely at the walk.

1 Thank DHPaine
Boston Ma
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“not worth the Groupon price”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I bought a set of 4 of these for my sister to use. We tried it once and tossed the rest. It was that bad. They tell you to get there 30 minutes early, which we did. We waited for the previous group to dismount 15 minutes past our start time. Then they said that someone showed up without a reservation so they had to get another horse. The people said that they HAD a reservation. Another delay of 15 minutes. Then they realized they were STILL a horse short. Another 15 minute delay because they have to water each horse before the ride. Then it took them 20 minutes to match each person to the horses's personality. When all was said and done. there was only 45 minutes of riding time out of the two hours promised. The staff was lacakadasical and acted bored the whole whole time

Visited October 2012