John Carver Inn & Spa
Comfort Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$139
ComfortInn
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$179
Best Western Plus Cold Spring(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$130
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$189
GardenInn.com
Pilgrim Sands on Long Beach(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$149
$139
$225
Blue Spruce Motel(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$99
Travelocity
$295
Blue Anchor Guesthouse(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$120
$169
Hotels.com
All reviewshearth and kettlekettle restaurantplymouth rockwater slidesfun poolthemed poolfireplace suitelife guardshot tubwithin walking distancepool areakids loved the poolhotel restaurantgrist millan older hotelnew englandmayflower ii
Reviewed July 27, 2007

We just returned from a one night stay at the John Carver Inn. The hotel was clean and the room was fine, with the exception of the cooling system, which ran and shut off about every 10 minutes. It was very annoying while trying to fall asleep. The front desk staff was very helpful in giving us touring advice. We just wished they would have told us about the morning coffee in the lobby...we were a little too late and missed it. My children absolutely loved the pool, and this was the highlight of our stay. The Hearth & Kettle was pricey and disappointing. Food was nothing to write home about, and service reminded me of eating in a diner.

Location of the hotel was excellent. We walked to the waterfront area and took the lovely scenic walk through what I believe is called Brewster Gardens.

Hotel gift shop was very small and "junky" looking, however they sell discount tickets for the Mayflower II and Plimoth Plantation. This was a plus for us!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank livinfortravel
Reviewed July 9, 2007

Found the John Carver through the Plymouth website. It has a great location and packages for summer travel. I enjoyed a massage at the Spa. Price was resonable and service was great. I wish they had a shuttle from the train station.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed April 19, 2007

I could not get my navigation system to acknowledge their address, which was fine we used the Mayflower II to get us there. I was quite suprised at how nice our room was (Looking...decorated). Just missing a fridge, but hey we only stayed overnight. They had movies playing in a banquet room with free popcorn during the day and night. I'm not a big one for the hearth n Kettle, but we ate supper and breakfast there and it wasn't bad. The pool was a bit crowded. But my kids had fun. And we used the spa services there to have their nails painted, a bit pricey but it was a mom & girls night away. We had a fun time in Plymouth all in all. But I think next time I would stay at the Radisson. They were a bit cheaper and the pillows were more comfortable.

1  Thank IRISHGIRL767
Reviewed April 16, 2007

Eh, it was OK. DEFINITELY not worth the $179 a night price tag. The pool was OK if it's just you and your family, but once there are more
than 5 people in it, it's too small.

The Hearth n' Kettle restaurant though cozy, had lousy food. You're better off going to Friendly's down the street (and that's pretty sad.)

Housekeeping was OK.

The staff wasn't overly friendly. The room itself was clean enough, but was a bit old and could use a remodel.

The pillows for the bed are beyond small. They're like airplane pillows. They don't give you enough towels. There was no soap after the first night either.

All in all, we won't stay here again. Too many other places less expensive out there that offer more.

Reviewed April 13, 2007

There's no better hotel for families than the John Carver Inn. We took our kids there for a weekend of fun - mission accomplished -again! We really enjoy the amusement-park, pilgrim-theme of it. They have a huge water-slide coming out of a giant replica of the Mayflower that has to be seen to be believed, and the hot tub sits inside the Plymouth Rock.
Our room was clean, comfortable, and very nice. My only complaint would be the disgusting smell that seemed to emanate from the kitchen below us the first thing in the morning. My wife couldn't smell it, but it was fairly offensive to me. Next time we go (and we will go back) we'll be sure to get a room on the third floor away from the smell. The last time we stayed we were in a suite on the third floor which has it's own seperate, very private wing away from the rest of the building.
The woman at the front desk (Dee-?-I think-?) was a sweetheart and very helpful when we asked about the best local places to take the kids. ...Not to mention when she couldn't find someone to refill the complimentary coffee, she went and fetched me some herself.
We had dinner at the Hearth-N-Kettle, and I really enjoyed my steak-tips. Our waitress was very attentive and gave us good service.
Yes, it's pricey as heck. But I find the John Carver Inn to be a very quaint - yet elegant - hotel that's just the hot cup of chicken soup my soul longs for. Our family has a love for the place, and we certainly will return.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SuperdadWellesley