“And a Real Bargain, Too!”

John Carver Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Marino, California
“And a Real Bargain, Too!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We loved it. Made our reservation through the local AAA office. Victoria Henson handled it all for us. It was half the price of what we paid in Provincetown. Nicer room, too. Comfortable room with big, beautiful furniture. Quality all the way.

Great location. We walked all over town after dinner. They gave us a $10 coupon off dinner. Great hostess in the dining room, Jhakie or some dramatic spelling. She knows lots about the town and old houses. She owns one.

We went into the hot tub and the fancy water slide. The next morning we walked all over town again to get inside some of the buildings. The Mayflower II is good. One very good bearded guide. Too many school students who aren't interested.

Do tour the grist mill across from the hotel. Three excellent guides in there.

We had breakfast in the hotel. Big selection.

Room Tip: We faced out the front. No traffic noise. We were over the main entrance.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 21, 2014

John Carver was a good hotel. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. We were basically only there to sleep for one night some my use of the hotel was limited. Gym was kind of small. The hotel bar was cool. Good stay. Very central location within walking distance to everything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed June 18, 2014

After traveling all night on the red eye from LAX,late arrival,missed shuttle had to wait 2 hours for next bus.Got to the Carver Inn 5 hours before check in,the staff @ the front desk was so accommodating,checked me in early,booked my Spa massage,I slept in my awesome room for 3 hours before my incredible massage by Sonja. Then lunch in the rest.Molly served me with the utmost attention. Then in the evening I was meeting family for dinner and had a glass of wine @ the bar where once again ,utmost attention from Jackie the bartender.Why even housekeeping didn't miss a thing. Everyone said hello/goodbye/have a nice day/come back again.Honestly, I have stayed @ 5 star Hotels & never got this much service & it was a very busy week for the Hotel.I come back every year & this is my new "go to hotel"Thanks to all for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Be kind & patient it pays off:)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the John Carver Inn while traveling through Plymouth and found the hotel staff very nice and friendly. Our room was nice and clean, we highly recommend staying here!! We will be back!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We arrived in Plymouth early having travelled up from Cape Cod that morning and found the staff to be very accommodating to us checking in early. Once settled we headed into town which was only a short distance away. Nearby we found the Mayflower II and also Plymouth Rock which were the two historical places we had wanted to visit on our stay there.
We found the staff to be incredibly helpful and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Middleton, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We recently stayed at the John Carver for a convention. The hotel Had several other very large groups there as well, but you would have never known it. They were accommodating to all the groups and everyone was happy. One of the best employees that we dealt with was Joe, I assume he was a manager of the Hotel in some capacity but he was hilarious, kept the stress level down, kept all the girls laughing and just made the stay very enjoyable.
Bonnie Girard
Auxiliary Convention

Room Tip: The Suites at this Hotel are beautiful. All the rooms my friends and I were in all were very clean a...
Green Features: They do have signs for environmentally friendly practices but I did not pay to much attention to it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bonnie G
Cohasset, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel is great. My kids (and me) loved the pool. We had the time of our lives! The staff went out of their way to make our stay exceptional. My room was beautiful. If you have time visit the spa, it is amazing. We booked our next visit with them before we even checked out!! Can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mommyoftwin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Hotel 1620 at Plymouth Harbor
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#8 of 9 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to John Carver Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!