John Carver Inn & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$179
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$134
ComfortInn
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$189
Best Western Plus Cold Spring(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$170
BestWestern.com
Hotel 1620 Plymouth Harbor(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$152
Pilgrim Sands on Long Beach(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$149
$139
Blue Spruce Motel(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$99
Atlantic Motel(East Wareham)
$99
$94
  • Pool
All reviewshearth and kettlekettle restaurantplymouth rockwater slidesfun poolthemed poolfireplace suitelife guardshot tubwithin walking distancepool areakids loved the poolhotel restaurantgrist millan older hotelnew englandmayflower ii
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My grandchildren and I stayed for 3 nights over school vacation. Even with cool and windy weather, we were able to walk everywhere from the hotel...the location to all the attractions and waterfront restaurants & shops was wonderful! the only time we got in the car was for the plantation...2.5 miles away! Right across the street was a lovely sidewalk access along the river and through a lovely park.

The on site restaurant was very convenient and served a variety of good food.

The pool with a slide was a big hit for my 5 and 9 year old grandchildren- I was happy to see they had a lifeguard on duty and the hours to go were very generous. the pool was not deeper than 5 feet and very good for a pool geared toward children.

From the front desk staff to the housekeepers, we found them all very cheerful and helpful. More than once, someone there went out of their way to offer assistance or do something a little extra to make our stay more enjoyable.

The beds were comfortable, the room was clean...bathroom was a bit small for places to put things but it was clean.

I would recommend this facility to other families and would stay there again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

, this hotel can at best be described as adequate . Have stayed here on multiple occasions over the years and every time it looks a little more tired . Desperately needs a makeover .

Restaurant has dropped from okay to appalling .

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We recently held our daughter's 10th birthday party at the JCI. We found the experience to be fun, easy and delightful for our group. The pool was fun and attended to by two life-guards. Kristi at the front desk staff was professional, friendly and prepared. She was great and coordinated the welcome / birthday presents, ensured our pizzas were ordered earlier so the wait in the adjoining Hearth & Kettle was minimized and overall provided a very nice service. The food wasn't really that good, the pool was great and the service was terrific.

1  Thank QuinnSpin
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights over a weekend in April;

Pros; Location, location, location. This hotel has a great location within walking distance to the waterfront with dining, & shopping options, and Plymouth Rock, and the Mayflower ship reproduction. Also, about a 10 minute drive to Plymouth Plantation. The bathrooms seemed to have been recently updated, and were overall clean. The beds & pillows were comfortable, although soft.

OK; The pool is great for the kids. The area for parents & others to sit is quite limited, and it's like a sauna, so it's quite stuffy & hot in there. We observed 3 lifeguards at the pool during our time, and one of whom seemed as if he was fighting to stay awake, including putting his head in his hand several times, taking his eyes off the water. Another time we were there, that seemed to be a peak time as the pool was full there was only one lifeguard on duty, and there was no way she has one could keep her eye on everything, particularly with the huge rock in the middle of the poo. The parking is limited, and there were a couple times we were unable to find hotel parking, presumably due to functions, or others going there for the restaurant, or pool. The staff I found to be both extremes... super friendly, and others who couldn't give you the time of day. Housekeeping we encountered were all very friendly. At check-in none of the 4 people behind the counter acknowledged we were there, and there was only one family ahead of us. Once they were done, I still was not spoken to, and finally gave the woman behind the counter my name.

CONS; Never in my life have I complained about a room at a hotel, this trip I did it twice. The first night I was awakened several times by the sound of the live band directly below my room in the bar (not sure if they only have live music on the weekends). I can't believe no one else staying in that room hasn't complained about this. I called down to the front desk, and said I'd want a new room in the morning for our 2nd night. The next morning they called my room, and said they were moving me (this part was actually a pro b/c I appreciated they were proactive in handling it & I didn't actually have to request it again in the morning). The next room they moved us to had a horrible cigarette smell (despite being a non-smoking room). So I had to call down again for a new room, and initially they offered to run an air purifier, but I requested a new room. They did offer me another new room, and we switched again... so 3 rooms for a 2 night stay.

Food; If you can I would explore some of the local options before dining in the restaurant. The staff in Hearth N'Kettle were super friendly, but the food was not good, and overpriced.

Should a stay in Plymouth come up again in the future I will look elsewhere first.

Room Tip: Avoid a room in the 220's to avoid the band playing in the bar.
1  Thank BostonMama33
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel is a bit old fashioned but reasonably clean. The room was large and ok for a short stay, but we didn't find the staff very friendly-no-one looked up from the front desk or spoke when we were coming or going, and the bar staff were uncommunicative. The staff in the hearth and kettle restaurant were friendlier but the food was awful, I was unable to eat the "turkey dinner" I was served and sent it back-but they still charged me for it. It was a congealed grey pile, and my husbands fish and chips weren't much better. There are some nice restaurants in the area, we would recommend the East Bay Grille in Plymouth, and Aroma Tavern and Grill in Manomet.
The hotel pool was lovely, but usually full of excited/noisy children-so not very couple friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
Joseph A, General Manager at John Carver Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear 866traveller, I am sorry that your experience with us was not what you had hoped for. My staff and I always strive to give our guest the best possible experience. I would like to speak to you about this and hopefully assure you that this is not the way that our Hotel operates. Feel free to contact me at the Inn at your convenience. Thank you for your review. - Joe