“Very nice room, and walking distance to tons of things.” 5 of 5 bubbles

John Carver Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Joisy
“Very nice room, and walking distance to tons of things.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Nice room, Comfy bed, really comfy pillows, I was left w/o a car while my bf went to work during the day but it was in walking distance to town, Dunkin Donuts, restaurants, shops, the water, plymouth rock, trails along the water. It was really very convenient, Hotel has a spa and even though I called as soon as they opened, they didn't have even a pedicure til late in the day.. The pool looked nice, the gym was sparse No bike, a couple treadmills & elip, weights and a tv. I'd definately stay there again. I got a really nice pedicure in town. Shop owners were so nice, the food in the hotel restaurant was great, they had lots of healthy choices.

Green Features: Very environmentally friendly in my opinion. I noticed they used organic sugar and options for breakfast were a wonderful surprise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank June R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed in a fireplace suite which was described as most recently renovated of the rooms. The 2 rooms of the suite as well the bathroom were very small and in need of an overhaul. There were visible marks in ceiling from water damage and ,aside from the bed which was very comfortable, the room was run down. We could also hear guests in the next room .

Considering the price of the suite I expected a room in better condition. The entire hotel including the lobby needs an overhaul.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Willouie
Exmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here as part of a tour of New England.
We occupied room 225, and although it was a little dark as it was at the back of the hotel, and had a bit of a musty smell (after a spray of perfume we didnt notice it any more !) and found it very clean and comfortable.
We went to the pool a few times and really enjoyed it,it must be lovely to go there in the summer.
We found the hotel to be very convienient to the centre of the town, within easy walking distance of the seafront, shops and plenty of places to eat if you dont want to eat at the hotel.
We had several nice evening meals here, and enjoyed cocktails in the bar ! The included breakfast was also very nice, Linda was often our waitress and was very nice and friendly

Room Tip: A room at the front is probably lighter, but maybe a room at the back is quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank addicted2h01ls
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I would like to say that the call center that handles the reservtions for this hotel is not well edcated or informed about things happening at this property. I was transfered when they didnt have the correct answers to my questions. The woman who answered the phone at The John Carver Inn was very well educated and understanding. She explained everything and made me feel special. I booked the room on the spot with her. Her name is Colleen. When I entered the hotel on the day of check in, she knew exactly who i was. She extended herself and said please don'r hesitate to call upon me for anything. She just made the whole experience much nicer. My kids and I had a great time at this hotel. I have been a realtor for 17 years in the metrowest area and pride myself on customer service to my clients. Colleen is on the same level of customer service as me.. I would definitely ask for her and she will make your stay extremely enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

On every trip to New England, we always stay our last 2 nights at the John Carver Inn. It is warm and inviting, and has that "colonial" feel to it. On our last visit (Oct 2013), we were very pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a King Suite! We usually book the King Deluxe room with the 4 poster bed, and nice amenities in the room, which always guarantees us a pleasant stay. The Hearth 'N Kettle restaurant is adjacent to the Inn and has a nice menu selection and good food.
We were disappointed to see that the decor in the bar had changed from the "Thirsty Pilgrim" look to a very modern look, perhaps to draw a younger crowd? Overall, we love the Inn, and will continue to book the last few nights of our New England vacation here! Also, our thanks to the manager, who very kindly accepted our appreciation of the upgrade. What a nice man!

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd and 3rd floors facing the street have always been quiet and perfect for us.
Green Features: Appreciate that the staff offers guests a choice to use a towel more than once!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JanV86
essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed as part of a tour at the John Carver, we found it very nice, the room was clean and quiet, the staff were lovely and enjoyed the breakfast everything was friendly and even the wi-fi worked well. The town was gorgeous great to walk around and found plenty to do if we ever return to this area would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: On the top floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Awesome stay, Very clean room with memory foam mattress, really cool new restaurant with delicious food. - I had the braised beef short ribs. We live near by and stay here alot. Unlike other hotels around that we would never return to.hope this help. Sean M

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Hotel 1620 at Plymouth Harbor
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#8 of 9 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to John Carver Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!