“Can't beat the location”

John Carver Inn & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Can't beat the location”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel is in a great location, just steps from restaurants, shops and attractions. We walked everywhere. The hotel itself needs work. Rooms and common areas are outdated and drab. Our room was really clean though and very quiet. We didn't have much interaction with staff since we were out most of the time. Very nice stay over all. We will stay again :)

Room Tip: Booked on Priceline and got a great rate!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Chapin , SC
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We recently stayed here on trip with my children. The location is great due to easy walk to see all the sites, and its Less than 5 minute drive to Plymouth plantation. The children loved the pool after a hot day of sight-seeing!

The rooms could use updating, but it was clean with comfortable beds and nice sized bathroom. We got ours after bidding on priceline, and i felt it was a really good value for what we paid!

There's a Dublin doughnuts across street, and restaurant in lobby for those who don't want to walk and find something, but there are plenty of restaurants within very close <5 minute walk. It is definitely the best option for Plymouth, and if you have children, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank mcallijd
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The rooms in this hotel are getting on the line of being run down. Atleast the ones we have stayed in. The pool is very nice but the price it is to stay in this hotel should provide nice rooms.

• Stayed September 2010
Wales, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Rooms were clean, large and great for the whole family.. Close to all the sights in Plymouth.. We would good there again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rochester
Reviewed July 17, 2011

First off, the hotel is in a great location. We walked almost everywhere in town. The Genny Grist Mill & Sparrow house are across the street, Burial Hill behind the hotel and Plymouth rock only a couple blocks away. The staff were very friendly and the food in the Hearth & Kettle was great.
Lastly the pool was where we would end each day. The kids LOVED the pool. My son went down the waterslide at least a hundred times. My daughter, who is only five, was nervous about going down the slide-but still had a great time in the pool.
I also have to comment on the review about non guests paying to use the pool. It seems like common sense to charge to use the pool if your not staying at the hotel. Why would they let non-guests swim in the pool? Anyone could walk in and the pool would be crowded. I've stayed places where there isn't an option to pay. If you are not a guest you don't get to use the facilities. Period.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My family and I flew across country to see my best friend and her kids who live in Plymouth. I spent hours researching hotels and I chose this one because of the really cool pool. Once we got there my friend and her kids arrived and we were all so excited to go swimming. We were then informed by the hotel staff, that we had to pay $15 per guest for 2 hours of swimming. I was flabbergasted. Nowhere on their website do they tell you this. So over the course of our 2 days of swimming, I had to pay $120 just for my guests to swim with us. Almost the price of a night at the hotel. Very very upsetting. And the hotel staff would not budge at all on it. Had I known this policy ahead of time, I WOULD NOT have stayed there.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank calimom2007
jstreeter, Manager at John Carver Inn & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
I would like to apologize for the confusion regarding our pool policies. Use of the Pilgrim Cove Theme pool is available, at no extra charge, for registered guests of the hotel only. This policy is stated on our website at:
[--]

During slower times at the pool we try to allow friends of registered guests to use the pool at a charge of $15 per person. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to allow unlimited or free access to the pool for friends of registered guests. This policy was put in place to ensure that our registered guests may have the most comfortable experience possible in the pool area.

Again, I apologize for any miscommunications. Please feel free to contact me directly if you feel you have been treated unfairly.

Jeff Streeter
Rooms Division Manager
John Carver Inn & Spa
(508)-746-7100 x 181
Skaneateles, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Our room had a musty smell from the second we walked in. We ended up going to Target to get some Febreeze, which did the trick! The sheets looked old and the beds were not comfortable. This hotel is popular because of the pool, which was one reason we went there. The other reason was that the Radisson was sold out. My husband travels to Plymouth once or twice a year for business and always stays there. The pool is fun and our son loved it. Just don't expect too much if you stay at the John Carver.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cindizzle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hotel 1620 Plymouth Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#8 of 9 in Plymouth
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to John Carver Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!