“Must Stay!”

Bradford Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 18 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Bradford Inn and Suites is a Gem! My two sons and I stayed there recently and the view from our room was simply gorgeous. The staff was courteous and friendly. It is located within walking distance to the most famous landmarks there is - the Plymouth Rock, and the replica of the Mayflower. Also located within walking distance to some very good restaurants. There is nothing bad to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Def get a room on the water side. The view is great! Wonderful way to wake up in the morning and go...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Julie B, Front Office Manager at Bradford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thank you so much - we're glad you enjoyed your stay!
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Dirt. Dirt. Dirt. Rooms are old and have obviously not been refurbished or repaired the last 30 years (incl. curtains, mattresses). Mold in the bath, thick layer of dust on chairs and on AC, bed linen smells awful. Even the telephone is filthy. Spent there my worst night in my 2 week trip and just want to wash everything I had with me in this room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank amgamg
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times over the past 10 years, because we like to park our car and walk around the town. We usually stay 3 or 4 days at the hotel. It's not a new building, and it needs some freshening up. They are presently in the process renovating the hotel, so some rooms maybe nicer than others. Our room was clean and nicely decorated. The staff has always treated us with respect. It's within walking distance of many restaurants and attractions. As for their continental breakfast it's not as fancy as some hotels, but then we started staying there when they didn't offer breakfast. If you want a fancy or hot breakfast you are within walking distance of places that serve breakfast. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It's great to have people, like you, who are repeat customers and who appreciate our hotel and location. Since you have been coming for many years I'm sure you have noticed some changes (for the better) along the way. There are definitely more to come. We are a work in progress and strive to be everything we can be. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Bar none, I've never stayed in a worse place. The bad reviews you read on this place are all true!
I was with a travel group, so did not have a choice about where I stayed.
The lock area had been chiseled away on the wood, apparently someone trying to get in.
Drapes torn, lampshades dented, paint peeling, no amenities.
Front desk people snotty. Continental breakfast-a joke.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this place.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank ENJmountain
Reviewed September 20, 2011

3 of us booked into the Governor Bradford for 12 nights, when we checked into our room the first thing that hit us was The smell, moldy musty and horrible! Then we got into bed or rather rolled int bed, my husband and I rolled into the well in the centre of the bed and had the worst nights sleep of our live, next morning we asked to changed rooms, upon getting to our new room we noticed that the smell wasn't so bad but the bed had very little change from the first one. We thought we could put up with it but after getting NO room service for the first 6 nights, no bed made, no rubbish taken, nothing, and the breakfast consisting of only cakes and bagels, they constantly ran out if fruit, we decided enough was enough and checked out.
The hotel is in a perfect spot but very run down and the management really don't want to know and really don't care. This hotel is really only good for back packer that don't care where they sleep, anyone who does care should keep a very wide berth!

Room Tip: My tip is " don't go there"
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I stayed here for one night in August, 2011 to attend a friend's wedding which was down the road. The room was very dirty and smelled damp, musty, and moldy. The rug was covered with stains and the bed covers had cigarette holes in them. The toilet was filthy and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The shower had mold in it. Overall it was the dirtiest room I had ever stayed in The staff was completely incompetent and seemed clueless. This place needs a complete renovation. I would not recommend it to anyone. Do yourself a favor and stay some place else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank 01BostonSteve
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The sign says, pardon our appearance while we are renovating. I've been to this hotel several times, and it has always been in need. The other reviews don't lie, but they are telling the story room by room. The Gov. Bradford is a large two building complex in the perfect spot in Plymouth. You can walk everywhere. The Mayflower II and Plymouth Rock are a few minutes walk away. Up to Court Street, there are many shops, museums and restaurants. Still more attractions right on Water Street. I think it is the location that has drawn me back. The rooms themselves are fairly basic, but I have never had one with fleas or as filthy as others describe. (I do not travel with a pet.) This time, my room was comfortable, reasonably clean, with a flat screen tv and everything worked. But the carpet was old and the hotel really needs the renovation I hope is coming. The lobby does look much improved, and there is a nicer breakfast room now. There has been wireless in the lobby for years, but now it is available in the rooms, although I heard that was spotty in places. I visited a friend's room which was much nicer than mine, so I am guessing this is a room by room rehab. I am giving this a hesitant recommendation. You cannot get a better address in Plymouth - the sunsets are just breathtaking. Hopefully, the amenities will continue to improve, to make the hotel worthy of the surroundings. I thought the staff and management were making efforts to do so.

Room Tip: Try harborside in the second building (not where the lobby is) for nicer rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank VTyankee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hotel 1620 Plymouth Harbor
#9 of 9 in Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Bradford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!