“Beach View Room”

Pilgrim Sands on Long Beach
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were traveling with a group of friends on motorcycles. We had booked Pilgrim Sands and are glad we did since the no vacancy sign was on when we arrived. Check in was great and the staff very helpful with suggestions for places to eat. We had a second floor room with a beach view. What a view to wake up to. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The outside patio area is awesome and was a great place to have our happy hour before dinner. Very close to all Plymouth attractions and Plimoth Plantation right across the street. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sfore93392

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I hesitated writing this review because I want to keep Pilgrim Sands to myself!! My husband and I went there in July after finding it on Trip Advisor...and it was one of the best places we've ever stayed. I can't decide which was the biggest 'plus' about Pilgrim Sands....the amazing staff or the cleanliness. Both were quite astounding. Other than being on a cruise, we've never been anywhere that the staff came out to the beach/deck/patio and asked if you needed anything...a drink, food, ANYTHING. It's an older place but it doesn't reflect on the service or cleanliness. We watched from the patio/deck as the housekeeping staff cleaned our room...and they had no idea that it was our room. They actually SWEPT the outside windows, doorways, entranceway....AMAZING! The bartender, a high school teacher during the school year, was wonderful and had lots of great recommendations for restaurants, things to do, etc. He's from the area and knows what to do and what NOT to do! Pilgrim Sands will now be an annual summer destination for us.

Room Tip: Ocean facing!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We got to Plymouth without a reservation or any idea of what to do in the town (other than Plymouth Rock and the usual stuff). My wife and I enjoyed the idea of "winging it" for the week we went on vacation. Being from Missouri, we were a long way from home and didn't really know what to expect in a distant town. We called Plymouth Sands from the highway as we headed in to town (because found some other good reviews for this motel on trip advisor.com). So glad we did! We usually only stay at chain hotels but there are none on the beach in Plymouth. I am very glad there isn't!!! The staff greeted us with genuine interest about our trip. They explained all of the local and tourist things to do. Then, they gave us an awesome room with a beach view. The most beautiful scene one could hope for and it was around $100/night. Any other place would have been twice that with a view half this beautiful. The room was clean with ample space to stretch out and relax. They have stairs leading directly down to the beach and a gorgeous, huge outside sitting/lounge area to hang out and watch the waves. To boot, they are literally within walking distance to Plimoth Plantation. In short, I would recommend this to anyone - family included!!! Not if, but when we return to Plymouth there is no question were we will be staying.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room in the back facing the beach (most do).
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I spent a night here on our way through Plymouth for our honeymoon. While the rooms are starting to show their age, their cleanliness more than makes up for it. Not a bad comment to be made about the room. I'm not sure if all rooms are like this but our was wheelchair accessible with larger bathroom (not necessary in our case but just thought I'd mention it).

We only stayed one night so we didn't get the chance to meet all the staff, but every one we did meet was very nice and friendly. Continental breakfast is included (toasts, bagels, muffins, cereals) but addition of a few fruits that can be kept on a counter for awhile (such as bananas or oranges) would be nice.

It is located a little outside of the main town area so expect to take a car to go there but this is the only place directly on the beach. I will not hesitate to come back on my next visit!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here with my friend last year in fall. We had a studio with two bredrooms, a balcony to the sea and the most amazing view. The staff was super-nice, everythinkg was clean and it was conveniently located. Would stay there any time again.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaside view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a very fine experience. The staff was courteous, and our room had a view you won't find anywhere else in Plymouth. Recommend that you stay on the beach side and on the second floor. One of the best values on the Cape.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This property seems fairly typical of a motel in the Plymouth area. Clean, well kept for, but minimal. Certainly not fancy by any measure. The room was fairly large. I had minimal interaction with the staff, but they seemed very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple