“Wow”

Pilgrim Sands on Long Beach
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Normally we would stay in big corporate hotels, but thanks to tripadvisor we gave this place a try, and very glad we did.
Big rooms that open out onto the beach. Your so close you could go fishing from your bed!
Breakfast was a delight, with the most amazing view to look at while you take your morning coffee.
The thing that makes it a winner though are the staff. We were on a two day quick stay and their help and advice ensured we made maximum use of the time. Where was good to visit, where was good to eat. All advise was spot on.
Off season, minus 8 outside and we loved it!

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at Pilgrim Sands in January, which is definitely off the peak season in Plymouth. But you would never know it from the quality of service and facilities at this pleasant ocean side motel 3 miles south of the Water Street docks. If you like being close to the beach, you can't get any closer than this. At high tide, the surf crashes on the sea wall just feet away from your room - but well below the top of the wall. At low tide a spacious beach invites you. It must be heaven in the summer. From the front desk to the Lounge to the room keepers, everyone was friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed meeting and chatting with locals gathering for trivia games and music in the lounge. While there is a limited selection of food choices in the bar, keep in mind that this is a motel, not a restaurant. And, as a motel, it is as good as any I have stayed at anywhere. Who would want hotel food anyway, with a seafood lover's nirvana only a short drive or healthy (3 mile) walk away? I almost hate to let the cat out of the bag by sharing the "secret" of our discovery of Pilgrim Sands. But, we "discovered" this gem on Tripadvisor, so turnabout is fair play. P.S. Bring your bathing suit. Even in winter, there is an indoor pool and Jacuzzi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RDWarren
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Pilgrim Sands in early October 2012. Had a lovely room and the view of the ocean was spectacular! The continental breakfast was comparable to other similar hotels/motels. The owner was friendly and accomodating. Couldn't have have a nicer stay and we look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jjmcmurtry1
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I checked on line to see what the rate was and it was $84 I called to book a room and got the Owner and I was told it was $109. I told it Is $84 online and I have been running a Vermont inn for years and what ever the rate is on line is what the guest pays. He Hung up on me. I really hate to see how they treat there Guests once they have arrived for there stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank John N
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It is with great pride that I am able to write an official review of my visit to The Pilgrim Sands Motel. Our family and friends stayed in February 2012 for my father’s surprise 60th Birthday party (until by 5 year old son spilled the beans a week prior!). Owners Dave and Steve Harrington helped set up a wonderful party by allowing us to use their main lobby and lounge on a quiet winter’s weekend, for which we were able to fit about 50 people comfortably inside. The kids were able to use the motel’s indoor pool, which is visible from the lobby area and very convenient for supervising while the party was underway.
Aside from the beautiful backdrop of Cape Cod Bay and the coziness of their lobby area, what made my visit the most meaningful was twofold: the celebration and gathering of family and friends for my Dad’s big day and second: my being able to see old friends from the Pilgrim Sands Staff. Having worked for the Harrington Family for 8 years, I knew that we were in good hands and from start to finish, the Pilgrim Sands team did a fantastic job.
You can always count on seeing the same friendly faces from the moment you arrive; in fact many of their loyal employees have been a part of the motels success for 20 plus years. In the hotel business, finding a place that employs great people is hard to come by. When you see such long tenured employees again year after year, that’s what makes a place like the Pilgrim Sands so special.
Thanks again Dave, Steve, your entire family and staff for making my Dad’s 60th a memorable party for him and for me. The Pilgrim Sands will always feel like home and a place I’ll never forget.

Room Tip: You can expect every room to be clean and comfortable, anywhere is good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were headed to view Plymouth rock and saw this hotel on the side of the road. After we did the tourist things we came back and asked for a room. The owners were very polite and very helpful. They gave us two keys for rooms with two different views. We decided on a rooom over looking the ocean. It was very quiet and peaceful place. We ate in the cafe at the hotel and it was very good for the price. The hotel is very clean, just a little older place. But, sure would stay there again if I had the chance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharonBarling_Ar
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I had an enjoyable stay at the Pilgrim Sands. We loved the location right next to Long Beach. Rooms were older but comfortable and clean. It was off season so very quiet. We took a long walk to the end of Long Beach which is right next to the hotel. It was about 3 miles down a dirt road and then we walked back along the beach as it was low tide. We enjoyed seeing Plimouth Planatation which is right across the street. Would stay here again if we come back to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ocean side top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple