“This is a comfortable, spotless motel with a hot tub, pool and a spectacular view!”

Pilgrim Sands on Long Beach
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Pilgrim Sands is a friendly, famiily owned, accommodating motel located just outside the center of historic Plymouth, Massachusetts with the lowest rates in the area. The room and bathroom were spotless and the bed very comfortable. It was quiet for sleeping. The continental breakfast is just enough to start the morning. Although I did not have the oppportunity to use the pool or hot tub, I will be returning weekly for a few weeks and plan to do so in the near future. The motel sits right on the ocean and it is pleasant way to start the day with a hot cup of coffee, watching the waves roll in and out. Although I am presently there for business purposes, I plan to return with my husband for a long weekend or vacation.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank sringuette
There are newer reviews for Pilgrim Sands on Long Beach

Reviewed March 22, 2011

Great Location, right on the water. The sound of the waves on the beach was very relaxing. Room was spacious (king) and clean and included a sofa and coffee table, very homey. There is an inside (year round) and outside pool and also an indoor spa. A restaurant, with a bar, was just next door within walking distance. Very convenient. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank junesky1954
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We stayed on a Monday, Valentine's Day, so it was very quiet. My boyfriend had been working hard & needed to get away. I suggested The Pilgrim Sands, as I had stayed before & loved everything about the place. The pool & hot tub are wonderful, the room is like a little apartment & the view is to die for. We took many pictures because the first night was windy & the waves were tumultuous. The staff were so friendly & kind, I just cannot say enough about it. Obviously the summer months has more to do, visiting Plymouth Rock, outdoor concerts, shops open, etc. The 2 nights that we stayed was just what David needed & we will be returning in the summer & next February for another visit.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Stayed with 3 kids in late Dec. Needless to say the indoor pool was a great draw.
Location was great, right on the beach and close to town.
The 2 bedroom apartment was spacious, clean and furmished nicely.
Staff was friendly and accomidating.
We'll stay again

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I had an unexpected stay of 5 nights while my partner had emergency surgery. The management was so kind; they upgraded my room to the ocean side at no charge. The ocean, including the 3-mile beach walk adjacent to the motel, was relaxing & comforting. The many amenities, including the heated salt-water pool, fireplace, lounge area, outdoor cafe tables, tea always available, magazines, made me feel at home. It was also 5 minutes from the hospital.

I am deeply appreciative of my stay and can give this motel the highest rating.

ReplyReply AllMove...Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Plymouth was the last stop on a family vacation that included Boston and Newport and places in between. We were just looking for a quiet place to spend our last night but feel totally in love with this place. Its location is amazing and we wish we could have stayed longer so the kids could have enjoyed the beach more. We stayed in a room with two double beds and a twin, which was perfect and very well maintained. The on-site food was great for a light meal, and the location to Plimouth can't be beat. We have seriously been talking about returning to Plymouth just to hang at this hotel and explore more of the area. What a hidden gem!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2010

A location to die for. Great view and great people. Made a change to be treated like a friend at a hotel, not just a paying customer. Spotless room with a bath and shower. top floor with 180 degree ocean views. Pool and a bar you can look over the ocean as the sun goes down
Now the service!!!!
When packing I dropped my passport in the room. Only at the airport did I find out. Phoned the hotel in a panic. In a calm voice I was told that they had found my passport. One of the staff was in a car on the way to the airport (80 mile round trip!!) to hand it in to the state police, who would then pass it onto the Delta staff and it would be on their check in desk for me when I arrived. Now how many hotels in the world do that!.
Great rooms, amazing staff and great value.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple