“A fun place for very good fish.”

Blue-Eyed Crab Grille And Raw Bar
Ranked #12 of 205 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
“A fun place for very good fish.”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Not fancy. Low tech. Seems to be staffed mostly be college kids. Menu is on the chalk boards as everything is fresh and when they are out of something, they are out. That is the other side of the fresh food guarantee that I can live with. Prices are reasonable, seating is limited.

Visited July 2012

Boston, MA
“Great Calamari and pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The restaurant is near the ocean, but isn't ON the ocean. Something I wish I'd known, but then ended up not caring about. It was too hot to sit outside. I found the atmosphere charming and intimate. Really loved the calamari appetizer the best. I had the special, which was a steak tip sandwich - devine! Great cocktails, nice servers, and a clean restroom.

Marion, Massachusetts, USA
“Good but not as good as off season”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The crab is always a good choice here but it is better off season when there are fewer people around.

Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice decor, good food”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

6 of us went for dinner a couple of nights ago and had a very good experience (we got there around 6pm when it wasn't very busy, though it was bustling by the time we left. The service was excellent and they were very accommodating with a couple of special requests. I had a great cocktail and the food, though nothing special, was all very good. My husband said his lobster roll was one of the best he's ever had - loaded with lobster meat - and the calamaris was excellent. The fish & chips was good - not excellent but good - and the kids enjoyed their burgers (but we had asked the kitchen to remove the bacon patty that it comes with and put all the sauce on the side). With a pleasant atmosphere, slightly funky decor and reasonable prices, I would definitely return again.

New York
“Supremely Delicious”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I went there for lunch and ordered the grilled jerk chicken sandwich that was absolutely delicious. It was a hearty piece of chicken breast with great jerk flavor. I was astounded at how fresh, sweet, and tangy the mango salsa was. I didn't taste anything this good even when I was in the Caribbean. I wish I had room for desert but between the meal and the complementary tasty cornbread I was stuffed.

The place is on the small side so bear that in mind at peak times. It is decorated very tastefully even in the bathroom. The servers were very attentive.

This place is a winner so if you're in town make sure to give Blue-Eyed Crab Grille a try.