“Fantasmic mussels!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Blue-Eyed Crab Grille And Raw Bar
Ranked #11 of 203 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
northeastern ct
“Fantasmic mussels!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

We were visiting relatives in Plymouth for a celebration (my birthday!), and the reviews here of the Blue-Eyed Crab were the deciding factor in the search for a good place for lunch.
A stunner of a September day had us wanting to sit on the patio, but there were six of us and they wouldn't let us combine tables (even though available). Thinking that sitting at separate tables (3 and 3) would not work, we opted for the inside space- small and somewhat funky, complete with a small bar.
Though disappointed that we weren't able to enjoy the day's sunshine with our meal- this restaurant was a great choice for what I wanted- fresh seafood. A blackboard on the wall tells where the various offerings of the daily catch are from, always a good sign that you're not getting supermarket fish (that you could do yourself!). I chose the mussels steamed in a garlic, tomato and ???? broth, served with two crostini to soak up the remaining liquid. Each mussel was lovely- flavorful, tender and NO sand. A treat, perfect for the day. I used an empty water glass to empty the remaining broth into- and finished it off. Yum.
The rest of my group had either the fish and chips, or very large burgers. All were pleased, thought I've no idea if it was to the level that I was :)
My martini was also delightful, as was the cornbread served with the meal.
Not inexpensive, but worth it. Thank you for a nice birthday memory!

• 3 of 5 bubbles

ON
“Food was WOW WOW great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

On the advise of trip advisor, our goal was to find this little restaurant. We just slipped on it after we booked our whale watching and looked across to find a chocolate store. And the restaurnat was right there. (in a little viillage square) The place was small and tables very near, but the atmosphere was fishy/funky. Everything was perfect - swordfish, tuna, scallops and fish and chihps. Presentation was amazing and everything melted in your mouth. We ordered one dessert to share among the 4 of us just to see how it was presented! awesome....and the dessert was good also!!!

1 Thank NRRGhaven
Northern New Mexico
“Pricey for the ambiance - but unique and delicious seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stopped by based on some of the reviews in Yelp and TripAdvisor. I got a seafood stew with a spicy chorizo that was as excellent as it was unexpected (to find back east). Anyway, no reservations, tight seating and a bit loud, but it was an excellent dinner that I and my family enjoyed.

Cranford, New Jersey
“Amazing lobster roll!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

My husband and one year old and I went last Friday for lunch- we were able to sit outside, take in a beautiful day and had a great meal. Our waitress was terrific, getting our son's meal out first and making sure he was happy, in addition to us. We each had the lobster roll, and as Maine vacationers, I rank this up there with some of the best we've had. And the mussels appetizer was delicious and great to share. We plan to come back and eat here again!

2 Thank theresambrown
Watertown
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Had to stop while son was at camp. Had oysters.. they were delicious and the fried calamari was great! Outside seating was really nice.

• Visited August 2011