“Cozy, Comfy & Cute...Romantic for Couples! Highly Recommend!”
Review of Auberge Gladstone

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Auberge Gladstone
Ranked #14 of 18 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed Sat., Sun. & Mon. over Memorial Day weekend. Gorgeous room. Christina is friendly, informative & accomodating. Happy Anniversary card & chocolate in room! :) Unusually warm & humid weather for this time. 1st night no a/c. All windows open but couldn't sleep due to humidity & noise from people on the street till dawn. Spoke w/Christina. She apologized & had a/c installed. We used a/c to dry air & for white noise. Next 2 nights we slept well. Comfy bed. Loved the room setup (fridge, toaster, microwave, tea, coffee maker). Great soap, shampoo, towels, linen, etc. Fireplace, flat screen tv, DVD/VCR player, jacuzzi, bikes...what more can you ask for? A few dust bunnies under bakers rack came out but all in all room was clean. Sad to leave!

Room Tip: Stay 3 nights or more & receive a discount!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RhodeIslandMaria

Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stayed in this B&B for 2 nights for the start of our fly drive honeymoon. The loft room was lovely and spacious and had the most amazing bathroom!

Didnt really see the owners over the 2 night stay but it was easy enough to get in and out with our own private entrance.

Close to all the main shops and the harbour area, 5 minutes walk to the front. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cs_uk
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We really enjoyed out trip to Plymouth. The Auberge is located in the heart of Histroic Plymouth, which is within waking distance to everything! Each day we had breakfast at a different gem of a restaurant or bakery in Plymouth. The staff was so sweet and accomodating. We were in a wedding and the wedding was called off and back on again, leaving the bride and groom nowhere to lodge on their honeymoon during a huge Plymouth arts and crafts festival when every other hotel was booked. The Auberge came to our aid at 10 PM, cleaning and putting together a room for the wedding couple. AMazing work. The rooms was very clean and newly furnished with some great little pieces, including chaise lounge chairs and new TVs, beautiful showers with amazing pressure! A Jaccuzzin on property was a great touch as well. They actually gave us the apartment at half price rate since we had to switch rooms to accomodate our 4 night stay. I highly recommend this B&B. Only questionable part was there was no breakfast included.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zoe4628
Reviewed September 8, 2010

This B&B was everything we hoped for. The Gladstone room was charming and plush with a roman style bath that was hard to leave. The cabana and jacuzzi were also relaxing and made you feel like you were on an island. High quality bikes were provided free that we used to tour the Plymouth harbor waterfront, drink scorpion bowls at the Ming Dynasty and enjoy great seafood on the waterfront. The fish was excellent and straight off the boat. There are many excursion options like whalewatching, deep sea fishing, paddlewheel boat trips, even a pirate cruise. The Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower were interesting to see. We'll be back. Lots more to see and do in this area.

Elizabeth

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank liddyo
Reviewed August 6, 2010

It's a guest house, and for our visit the communication was via notes left on the hall table.
Also notices to call them if any issues via the house which never seemed to be there.

Had to get them in to clean the place as it obviously hadn't been done, which they were apologetic about, but it's not a great first impression.

Optional breakfast was via great value vouchers that seemed to mysteriously appear on a daily basis and be pushed under the door (strange, but not a problem).

Apart from the initial cleanliness issue the room was OK and very central for Plymouth and situated on a Church Parking lot which meant parking was good.

Having stayed in B+B's before the whole experience here was a little disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigDraw
Reviewed July 12, 2010

In our effort to recover from a hectic year (to say the least!) my fiancé and I left our 13-month-old with her grandparents and escaped to the Auberge Gladstone Guest House, located in the beautiful and historic downtown center of Plymouth, Mass. We were hoping for one part relaxation, one part fun, and one part early honeymoon, and that was exactly what we got.

First of all, Plymouth, Mass. is one of the most picturesque, historic and underrated vacation destinations in the state, if not the country. There is an unlimited list of activities to put on your itinerary: shopping through unique mom & pop boutiques and antique shops on Court Street, grabbing a soft serve and walking up the waterfront to the Mayflower II and Plymouth Rock. Unwinding on the beach, or hiking through the serene trails of Morton Park. These are the sorts of activities that I love – inexpensive, relaxing and flexible for the traveler, who – like me – changes her mind every three minutes!

The Auberge Gladstone Guest House is in such a prime location for anyone visiting Plymouth. Walking distance from the waterfront, historic attractions and shopping district, at the Gladstone you’re never far from music, art, nightlife, history or nature. In fact, you’re in the midst of it all.

We checked in on a Thursday afternoon and fell in love with our room, the Loft. Antique white pine flooring, a bathroom I’ve only ever dreamed about, an extraordinarily comfortable bed, and decorated contemporarily while still having a spa-like feel. As soon as we checked in, we felt immediately relaxed and – gasp! – like we were on vacation! After taking some time to decompress, we walked over to the waterfront and enjoyed a delicious seafood dinner at the Blue Eyed Crab, which was recommended by the staff at the Gladstone. There was something about just walking hand-in-hand up the waterfront that really brought me back to the days when my fiancé and I had just started dating. The time before kids and mortgages when we just enjoyed each other’s company and that was enough.

On Friday morning, we stayed in for the Gladstone’s continental breakfast, which was perfect. Light, fresh and delicious so we could start our daily adventures with plenty of energy. We had heard of Morton Park from some friends who are from the Plymouth area, so we headed there to see what it was all about. What a gorgeous park! Two huge ponds, surrounded by miles of trails and plenty of beaches. We hiked through Pilgrim Trail, which felt much further away from reality than it was, and had some laughs (I wore flip flops...) before heading back to the Gladstone to steal a few more moments of relaxation. I poured myself a bubble bath in the antique claw foot tub while my fiancé turned on the flat screen TV. I flipped through a gossip mag and he dozed off until it was time to check out.

I have to say that this experience was exactly what the doctor ordered. We were able to completely check out from the stresses of everyday life and parenthood, while rekindling some romance and enjoying a truly beautiful part of the world. The Auberge Gladstone Guest House made an excellent experience a phenomenal one. The inn manager was so friendly and helpful when it came to recommending activities and restaurants. I also loved the privacy you are given – basically the staff is wonderful when you need them but leaves you to enjoy your privacy when you don’t. I will absolutely be visiting the Gladstone again, sooner than later. I can’t stop dreaming about that bubble bath!! Thank you for everything!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin_Lynn_Agricola
Reviewed June 21, 2010

As a much needed break from a hectic work schedule, I booked a stay in The Loft at the Auberge Gladstone in Plymouth. The inn building is an older home that looks like it might have belonged to the family of a modestly wealthy sea merchant in centuries past. The house retains its historic charm, but has clearly been lovingly restored to combine it with a contemporary sensibility. The Loft has exposed brick chimneys and exposed beams, a gorgeous wide plank wood floor in the bathroom, a generously sized claw-foot tub, a beautiful stand- up shower and a very comfortable queen-sized bed. I loved the little touches, like the organic soap and bath oil. Best of all, my dog got to come along with me, and after a yummy dinner at an Indian restaurant recommended by the innkeepers, she sat on the rug at my feet while I watched the Red Sox win on the widescreen tv. As I fell asleep, I could hear the ocean in the distance and the wind in the trees, which lulled me into the best night of sleep I've had in many months.

While I was only able to get away from work for one night, I could have easily stayed a whole month, as The Loft had everything I could need, a fridge, a microwave, coffee maker, coffee, tea, and lots more. The Inn's location is perfect, right near downtown and the water, but set far enough back from the main street that it was quiet and peaceful. Being in The Loft felt like staying in a tree house and was a magical getaway. I only wish I had time to soak in the inn's jacuzzi and take advantage of the bicycles they let you borrow. I certainly would not hesitate to go back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo