“Good hotel and value in Plymouth”

Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Good hotel and value in Plymouth”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on a trip to the east coast. We had no problems checking in and our kids promptly went swimming in the indoor pool. The rooms are fine-just what you expect at a Hampton Inn, and the breakfasts were adequate. We spent a whole day at the Plymouth Plantation the next day and the kids swam again. This hotel was just like other Hampton's that we have stayed at which is just what we wanted. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and quite nice-helping us mail packages and giving directions. Even though it's not right in town, it is a good location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear lggirl40, I am glad you found our staff to be helpful and our lcation worked for you. Thank you for taking the time to review us. Our staff appreciates it as do I. Enjoy the rest of the summer and if you are back in Plymouth we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The Hampton Inn & Suites in Plymouth had all the qualities of a great hotel. It was located next to all the stores and restaurants you could need, and it was just outside downtown Plymouth. The staff was very friendly and helpful when helping us find out where we were going. The room was clean and comfortable, and the pool was refreshing. The only drawback was the noise. I would recommend this hotel to families with kids of all ages.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear jaxter4, I appreciate your taking the time to say a few words about us after your stay. I am glad you found us convenient and that our staff was helpful in getting you to your destination. Thank you for the recommendation and enjoy your summer!
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Check in wasn't a smooth process as Agoda hadn't notified the hotel of our reservation, which resulted in us having to wait about 30 mins while the receptionist contacted Agoda etc. After it was sorted we were given a lovely room on level 2. We had 2 double beds and they were so so comfortable, I loved that bed so much! Plus duvets instead of sheets and blankets - so much better! Our room had a lovely desk in the corner of the room where a business traveller would have loved to work, we filled it with shopping instead lol! We had 2 beds with plenty of space to walk around. A tv with good cable channels including HBO. The bathroom was spacious and well equipt. The room was cleaned daily. The buffet breakfast was really nice including cereals, fruits, pastries, and a selection of hot food. The staff were always friendly and helpful. There is a small gym with good working machines and right next to it is the indoor pool and whirlpool. Alot of families and kids use the pool especially in the early evening, but we went about 9am and pretty much had the pool to ourselves. One of the best things about the hotel is the close location to so many big stores - and loads of restaurants (literally all part of the same complex). Close to main roads but despite the close proximity to roads and stores we never heard either from our room.Just a few minutes to downtown Plymouth and all its historical attractions. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cleoface, I am so pleased we were your favorite hotel during your trip. It is remarkable that since yes, we are just off a main road that the rooms do stay very quiet. And the beds! So many of our guests agree that they are very comfortable. We even have folks asking to purchase them for themselves! Thank you again for staying with us; it was our pleasure to have you. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing in the future.
Plymouth, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at Hampton Inn and Suits in 10 PLAZA WAY, PLYMOUTH, MA 02360 from July 4th weekend with my family. I used premium hotel since I wanted a very relaxing experience as I was spending my vacation with my Pregnant wife and 15 month old son. I was extremely disappointed with the service I received overall in the hotel and I would say it has left a black mark in your credibility to serve the frequent loyal customer like me who holds diamond status with Hilton. I booked a king bed with decent size room and asked for early check-in at 10 am. I reached hotel at 12 pm. I was told the room is not ready. I was confirmed the room will be ready in 30 mins. I decided to go for lunch and comeback in an hour so the rooms will be ready. I returned at 1:30 pm just to find out that the room is still not ready and it will take 30 more mins. Now I am with all my luggage and traveled 3 hours to reach the hotel and spent 1 and half our in restaurant trying to relax in my room now but instead i spent 40 mins in the lobby with all my luggage and my son cranky since he is missing his afternoon nap time. Later that day, I came down to ask the manager at lobby to guide me to some attraction around and she commented she has no clue of the area and she is new. I was surprised you have such managers and on top she did not offered to ask some other staff member to help instead. Second day, I came down for breakfast, just to find the space in the common area is not to support all guests and there was not a single table available to sit and eat. It took us almost half an hour to find a place to sit. We left the room and came back in the evening - 10 pm. When we returned we found that our room was not locked by the housekeeping crew. We were very disappointed that our luggage safety was jeopardized by negligence of your staff. We complained to the staff member of all the above counts. We got "Sorry".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Ricky D
Dear Ricky D, Thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns. I apologize your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations. I understand you have spoken personally with Sue, our Front Office Manager. We certainly would love to show you that what you experienced was not the norm so please feel free to contact me, or Sue directly the next time you are in town.
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Location is great, out of the traffic snarls of little Plymouth and next to a new shopping mall. Visit the town of Plymouth all day and then relax out of all of the drama. Hotel is new and clean and crisp. A real pleasure

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Theoldercouple, Thanks for taking time to say a few words. I am glad that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay with us. I hope we will see you again in the future!
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After a long flight from alaska and a busy day touring the sites of Plymouth this hotel was an oasis. The grandkids and i slipped into the pool to cool off. it was very clean and pleasant. The room was great, and the beds were very comfortable. We were next to the elevators and we didn't hear them at all. The breakfast the next day had a large assortment and was very fresh. we thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay.
it was near a shopping mall with lots of restaurant choices as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kim B, It was a pleasure to have you and your grandkids as our guests. It soulds like you took advantage of just about all we have to offer; the pool, breakfast, the comfy beds as well as the local attractions. Glad you enjoyed them all. Thanks again and come back soon!
Lancaster, MA
Reviewed June 25, 2013

No complaints about the hotel. It was surprisingly quiet in the room considering there was a wedding party staying there after what seemed to be a Saturday night wedding. The room was clean and the continental breakfast was adequate for a family. The only downside was the price. At almost $200 per night, I'd rather stay in the center of town. It was a 10+ minute drive to the town center where all the restaurants shops and sites (e.g., Plymouth Rock) are. There are plenty of chain restaurants in the same shopping plaza as the Hampton including Bertucci's, Chili's, Taco Bell, and Red Robin but we prefer the local places when so close to the ocean.

Room Tip: It's a standard hotel, any view will be of the parking lot or the road.