“Great hotel - solid option for area stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Don't overlook this hotel if you are visiting Plymouth. On a map it may seem far away from the water. I moved from a property directly in the heart of the city due to cleanliness issues. It is a 10 min drive to downtown and my family ate dinner on the water each night. Easy drive and a much cleaner hotel than you might find downtown.

Room Tip: No restaurant on site but plenty at the mall within walking distance including Bertucci's, TGIFr...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Kenneth T, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thanks for sharing your opinions and review of the hotel. I appreciate the time you took, and will be sure to share your thoughts with our team. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The one key thing about Hampton Inns are their consistently. Their are all slightly above average.

Now let me qualify that statement. My company dictates the we stay in a "Holiday Inn" or equivalent when we travel. So I never stay in any fancy resort type hotels. Upscale for me is a Marriott property.

The clerk was very attentive during check in, and the morning girl is delightful despite the fact is about 5:15 am when I leave.

The room is quiet and the bed is comfortable, and free HBO. There is a fridge and a micro-wave and a small wet bar. I like that feature so you are not cleaning dishes in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room. If they are not crowded and your stay is short you may get a little bonus...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

I am glad we met your expectations while in Plymouth. We love accomodating our guests in any way possible, and as noted some of our upgraded room types give you some space to spread out while in town. Thanks again, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is located near a large outdoor shopping mall that is several blocks long. It is "off the beaten path" so you wouldn't see it from the main thoroughfare. The place is clean, well run, and well maintained. The staff is friendly and courteous. The rooms are good size and well furnished, as are the bathrooms. The breakfast is very nice and features hot items, including a pot of oatmeal with several topping choices (which I always like), as well as the typical cold fare of cereal, breads, yogurt, etc. My husband teases me about the fact that I am bothered by lights, no matter how small, in the bedroom when I am trying to sleep. I usually just cover them. Our room had a smoke alarm(?) on the ceiling, right over the bed with 2 flashing green lights. I couldn't sleep because of it. I finally got up and got a pair of socks out of my suitcase and put them over my eyes - then I slept just fine. It's a small thing, but if you have the same "princess and the pea syndrome" as I do, you may want to plan ahead. We were there "off season" so paid $107.10 plus tax for a king senior room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our nice quiet but close location to the local attractions and shopping. I apologize that the smoke alarm created a sleeping challenge to you. I look forward to welcoming you back to Plymouth when you are in town.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I selected this hotel because I needed a place to crash the night before the Ragnar race that started in Hull. It was a wonderful hotel with large, bright and quiet rooms. The breakfast was wonderful. I was a bit on the early side so I just grabbed some oatmeal and fruit to go but there were several hot dishes available as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Julie C, So glad you found us even if it was just as a place to crash. Thanks for the review. I am pleased to hear that we had breakfast items out early and that you were able to get something to go. Thanks and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I can not complain about one thing here. They did everything right. The room was kept very clean. I couldn't hear the people in any of the rooms next to me. The breakfast options were awesome. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The internet in the room worked fine. I definitely would pick this place if I return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Don W, thank you for staying with us. I am so happy to hear about your experience at our hotel and appreciate your feedback. I am glad that we "did everything right" and that the room was clean, the breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and helpful. I certainly trust we will see you again in the future! Safe travels.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were back at the Hampton Inn in Plymouth and I'm sorry to say I can't give the flowing review as I have in the past. The hotel needs updating. We have been going to this hotel since it was newly built and I can see a big difference in it. They updated the lobby area but, as far as I'm concerned, they took out all of the comfortable sofa and chairs in front of the fireplace and replaced them with regular tables and chairs - no more comfort. The room needed updating. Not sure what is happening but they removed the comfortable chair and ottoman and replaced it with a straight back chair and no light - again removing the comfort. The room is just very plain with the pillows just thrown on the bed - nothing pretty. The bathroom had the shower curtain hanging down and the toilet paper holder just sitting on the shelf - I guess it had come off but no one felt the need to fix it. It was like that when we arrived and still the same when we left 5 days later. We have always liked this hotel but they need to update it!!! The prices keep going up but we get less for our money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Floridatravelingduo, Thank you for your review. I am sad that your experience with us didn't exceed your expectations. I have a feeling you may have just missed the finished renovations. We did update our lobby this winter and unfortunately the furniture took longer than to get to us than the construction took to finish. So in the interim we did put meeting room chairs in. The finished product is more comfortable and if you give us another try I am sure you will be more impressed. Please feel free to contact me if you are in the area so I can personally make your reservation. Thank you again for staying with us as well as your feedback. Safe travels and I look forward to seeing again in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I believe my title says it all....
my wife and I stayed at Hampton in Plymouth this past weekend 4/27/13 while visiting friends in the area. The staff was very courteous and attentive... I am always a big fan of 24 hour Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate and our run was VERY clean. Check in and out was seamless and the Breakfast at Hampton is like no other. Hampton is the only hotel chain where I can make my own Waffles, get hot eggs and bacon and everything is fresh and made with care! The location across from a major mall made my wife very happy. Unfortunately we got in too late and Cold Stone Creamery across the road was closed :(, however Hampton had a ice cream & other snacks to satisfy our Ice Cream fix!
Lastly...the price was Great! Not sure why you'd stay anywhere else!

Mike & Jeanne
Sayville, NY

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 304... with an Easternly facing room which was nice b/c the window was across from...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear LIVELAUGHANDSMILE, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that check in and out went well and that you enjoyed the hot beverages. Isn't it great to make your own waffle? You will have to come back again to try Coldstone Creamery but I am pleased we had some ice cream for you. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
John Carver Inn & Spa
#6 of 9 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth? Share your experiences!