“What we have come to expect from Hampton Inn, great service and comfortable room.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth

and 1 more site!
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Annandale, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We arrived late in the evening to a friendly front desk. The first room smelled of smoke. We asked for a new room and they switched us immediately. We have allergies to feathers they got new pillows and brought to the new room within minutes. The room was clean, furniture is updated, plenty of plugs to charge phones, etc.. Bed was comfortable. The first morning we had breakfast late and had plenty of room to sit. The next morning we went early and the room was crowded, but everything was well stocked and they had a second coffee area to keep things going along. The hotel is located right off Route 44. Very easy on and off.

1 Thank Joanne C
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Joanne C, Thank you for being our guest and thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that we were quick to respond to your needs with the new room and the non feather pillows. We appreciate the great comments about your room and the breakfast! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband, Mother in-law and myself stayed there overnight because we were attending a wake and a funeral. Yes, the lobby is under construction but we stayed on the second floor and didn't worry about it. From the work that's done so far, it looks like the remodel is going to be beautiful! When I booked the hotel over the phone, I told the receptionist about the wake and the funeral, he was very sweet and gave his condolences. I also asked if they had a AAA discount or a Senior Citizen's discount. The receptionist checked both rates and gave me the cheaper of the two. I explained to him that I was traveling with someone who has an oxygen tank and has trouble walking and he made sure we had a handicap accessable room right by the elevator at no additional charge. When we arrived, the man at the desk remembered me from our conversation on the phone (made me feel good) and appologized for the remodeling appearance. The room was beautiful, spacious and clean. I took full advantage of the free wireless in our room to get some work done at night and in the morning we went down to the yummy complimentary breakfast and brought it back up to our room. The hotel is right near an entire mall of stores and restaurants and it's close by to the area attractions. The only drawback to our stay was the strap inside the back of the toilet that works the flusher snapped and we had to flush manually, this happened an hour before checkout so it wasn't a huge inconvience and I let the man at the desk know when we checked out. He appologized for the inconvience and we went on our way. I would definately stay here again, the hotel is well cared for and the staff was wonderful. We were only there for two days and a night but we enjoyed ourselves even under the circumstances of why we were there in the first place.

1 Thank Robbiesmommy
Dear Robbiesmommy, Please accept my condolences as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience at our Hampton Inn & Suites. Our employees work hard and it means alot to them when guests give us feedback. I do aplogize for the toilet malfunction and am glad that the rest of your stay went smoothly. We certainly look forward to your staying with us again under different circumstances. Thank you again for being our guest!
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I only stayed one night here on business but overall the experience was on par with other Hampton inns. They were remodeling the breakfast area so that was a bit of a building site .According to the staff all Hampton inns have to comply to a standard corporate designed breakfast layout by the end of this year. This is the second i have stayed in during this process and its is a complete overhaul of the breakfast and reception areas , so check if the hotel your planning to stay in is under construction.
it was lashing down with rain and the staff arranged for the local hotel shuttle to run me over to the local TGI Fridays so I could have a beer , now that's the service i appreciate the most as a traveler.

Room Tip: Room not facing the busy road
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear bvlynch, We appreciate your taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. Thankfully our renovations are nearly complete. The dusty and noisey parts are done and we are waiting on a few last soft goods. Most Hampton Inns should be finishing up as well but great advise for others who are traveling and may want to check. It was certainly our pleasure to help you stay dry on your journey to TGIFridays. Thanks agian for your words and we look forward to seeing in the future.
Hanson, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel 4-5 times in the past, alone and with a group. This time it was a family trip for two nights. When we got to our room we noticed a dirty coffee stirrer on the tv desk. In one of the drawers was a bathing suit cup. Ok, some stuff was missed. There is construction downstairs, which interferes with the breakfast seating. Tables in the breakfast area are not kept clean. Workers were tiling the hallway to the pool, you had to walk around them. We had young boys knocking on our door at 9 pm, running up and down the hall. When we got to the pool area, the next morning, this same group of boys (someone said they were hockey players), had commandeered the pool and were tossing a ball back and forth, making it impossible for anyone else to use the pool. The jacuzzi had brown foam in it and scum along the tiles. The pool also had scum on the tiles. I am very disappointed as in the past this hotel has been clean and peaceful. The desk staff are friendly, but that doesn't make up for the lack of cleanliness.

Room Tip: 4th floor away from the elevator.
2 Thank wearymom
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We are so sorry for the disruptions you encountered from noise and construction and we will work with our team to correct and prevent similar issues moving forward. We know how important a calm and quiet environment is while traveling and we regret not being able to provide this, since we are going through mandatory Hilton renovations. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality stay you deserve should you travel to our area again in the future.

Cornish, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were at the Hampton Inn in Feb 2012 and again in March of 2013. I stayed at this hotel because my last stay in the area was at the Hilton Garden, that was terrible. This stay was not so good. Next time we will drive farther up route 3 to stay. I don't think there is a good hotel in Plymouth, MA. The Hampton's website said the lobby was being remodeled, that is OK, but what a mess they had. When I got to the hotel the front desk clerk said I did not have a room at the hotel Strike 1. I had to call the Hilton Honors number and have them tell the hotel about my reservation. Strike 2 While I'm in the lobby trying to check in the Honors gal was trying to get me to take their credit card. Strike 3 the elevator was not working that night. 3 kids looking for a fun night an now climbing stairs. We had the vacation package that included a pizza (Very Good) Popcorn and a movie. Strike 4 The movie would not play. The front desk gave me a 800 # to call. When I called the number the agent told me that I could not do this. I told him the hotel would not do this it was up to me. They did fix the movie, but not until after 11pm. I did not ask for the Hampton 100% satisfaction or it's free, because we did have a good time and the room was clean the pool was clean and warm. The staff that night was not very accommodating. I'm not sure if that comes from management of the hotel, or the staff doesn't care.

Room Tip: Drive South on route 3 to another town or Drive North on route 3 to another town.
2 Thank nhscooper
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear NHSCOOPER.
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear of the missteps you encountered with service and amenities and we will use your comments as part of our ongoing training to provide the best complete hotel experience possible moving forward. We are glad you were able to enjoy your time with us and we hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve the next time you travel through Plymouth.

Rockland, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked the hotel for an overnight getaway with our 5 year old daughter. The big selling points were the pool and the rate. We booked the school vacation rate, which included a large cheese pizza, free in room movie and popcorn. Odd thing was they gave us a bag of microwave popcorn even though there was no microwave in our room.

The first room we were checked into smelled like smoke. Within minutes, the front desk agent was at our door with keys to a new room. We were very surprised at the speed.

Complimentary breakfast was so-so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark O
Dear Mark O, We appreciate your choosing us as your hotel for a little getaway. Not all of our rooms do have microwaves in them and there is one available in our breakfast area but silly of us to not have advised you of this or to have put on in your room. I do apologize. Glad we were so quick in responding to your room which smelled like smoke. Thanks again and I trust we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently stayed here for week long stay with my family for school vacation. Everything was OK.. Room was clean, but lobby &breakfast area are under construction(loud noise). It was extremely busy & crowded the week of our stay. (NO seats at breakfast) I would like to however applaud the breakfast hostess Allison for doing an outstanding job keeping up with the BUSY breakfast all by herself everyday we were there. Even while guests were barking orders at her she still kept a smile on her face with a pleasant attitude.

Room Tip: Stay on higher floor for quiet stay
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah D
smuentes, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Sarah,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your understanding as we go through this exciting renovation and we will be sure to share your kind words with our team. We know that service and attitude make the most impact on a guests stay and we are glad to hear you found our team enjoyable. We hope you will return to stay with us once our construction is complete so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#8 of 9 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth? Share your experiences!