“Loved It!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 18, 2007

Ok, so it's not the Bellagio or the Ritz, but I am giving this hotel a rating of "5" based on the fact that it meets or exceeds everything you'd expect from a hotel in its class. I stayed at the Hampton in mid-September for 3 nights during a recent East Coast road trip. The desk staff were all friendly and eager to offer help with directions. Complimentary breakfast was great, and the fresh baked cookies and apples available every day came in handy as snacks. The room itself was fantastic--very comfy bed and spacious room and bathroom. The hotel is located about 5-7 minutes from downtown Plymouth, and it's an easy drive. There are several restaurants and retailers near the hotel, so picking up last minute items is easy. There is a great sushi place called "Sushi Joy" just minutes from the hotel--definitely worth a visit. The hotel also has a business center with free Internet access. This came in handy for a last minute itinerary change, as we scrapped our plans to visit Cape Cod and opted instead to drive to the mansions in Newport, RI, which we found out are only 60 miles from Plymouth--also a must see!

Stayed: September 2007
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth

Reviewed October 18, 2007

This was our first time staying in a hotel with our infant daughter and we were pleased (with he hotel and the baby's "cooperation" while on vacation!) We were in a king bedded room on the 3rd floor. This is a new hotel in with newer stores and restaurants nearby and some construction still going on.

+ Spacious room with a wonderful bed. The room felt very clean and the linens were comfy.
+ Large bathroom, good shower, and counter space near sink (good for washing and drying baby bottles). The spacious bathroom was great for hanging out when the baby was sleeping but we were not -- not much else we could do in the dark room. I should note that our room was handicapped-accessible (we didn't request it), which may have contributed to the spacious feel of the bathroom.
+ WiFi in the room worked perfectly.
+ Breakfast included 6 varieties of cereal, bagels, toast, english muffins, butter & promise spread, PB & jam/jellies, cream cheese, fruit salad, apples, bananas, muffins or danish, skim and 2% milk, oatmeal packets, as well as coffee/tea/hot chocolate, and a hot selection each day. The first day the hot selection was egg and sausage patty. The egg was definitely not fresh (some sort of artificial or imitation product, I think) but probably commensurate with a McDonald's breakfast egg. The second day it was buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy. The biscut was great with a little jam. Hubby claimed the sausage gravy was as good as he's had anywhere else. There was a breakfast attendant who kept everything well-stocked. At times I noticed the bananas, butter, bagels, and english muffins would be low or gone and the next thing I knew, the girl was refilling. The one negative to breakfast was the cranberry juice. Both days of our stay it was syrupy and disgusting. Of course, I didn't mention it to the attendant - I just had apple juice instead.
+ Delicious apple-cinnimon cookies at the reception desk each evening.

- The constant sound of wind wooshing through the hallway. Not sure if this was just our room or floor or what. It was quite noticable, but not terribly annoying.
- The hotel is very visable from the road, but there is no sign to tell you where to enter. We passed the hotel and had to turn around because you actually have to enter and drive through a bit of a parking lot to get to the hotel lot. They could use a good sign at the light, telling you to turn.
- Housekeeping did not provide an ice bag the second day of our stay and we had used and thrown away the first bag.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank AbsFam
Reviewed September 17, 2007

This is a 'new' Hotel and the best Hampton Inn I have experienced thus far. I had a suite room on the 4th floor which was large and quiet. The room had a mini bar/kitchen area with a sink, microwave and refrigerator. I had a king size bed along with a sofa, desk, and large flat screen TV. The bathroom vanity was done in black granite with dark wood. The hotel has an indoor pool and spa which was great for relaxing after a long day.
The hot breakfast was great and was different each day.
The Hotel is conveniently located in a new development of office buildings, retail stores and restaurants all in walking distance. The Plymouth waterfront is a quick couple of miles away. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Plymouth area.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed September 16, 2007

My wife and I spent one night here and were very pleased. Hotel was fairly new, extremely clean, large rooms and bath, wonderful/helpful staff, great free breakfast. Several restaurants within walking distance and a very large mall in site of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank duffey3700
Reviewed September 3, 2007

Had a very large room - great with two adults and two teenagers. It is a short drive out of town but hotel is located near a new shopping area that includes restaurants such as TGI Fridays. My one criticism is the cleanliness of the hallways and elevators. I have two criticisms. Firstly one morning at only 8.30am they had no bread for toast and no bagels - two basics of the breakfast buffet so no excuse even if it is free. Secondly the edges of the hallway carpets were grubby and pieces of broken chips seen in the elevator on day one were still there on day three. I should stress that the room was spotless and quiet - heard nothing from either side. It was a shame that a couple of things let this hotel down but we would consider staying again.

5  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed August 29, 2007

Stayed in Plymouth for 2 nights with 2 teenage daughters, while exploring Cape Cod and Boston. I frequently stay at Hampton Inns for business travel, and this location was excellent as well. One tip, if you are using a GPS device - bring along a map as back-up, as our device not find this hotel, the intersection, or any of restaurants around it , and I did not bring a map along, thinking I could rely on the GPS. We got lost one night when returning from lantern tour in Plymouth. I called the hotel and they were very helpful with directions, but I was sure to bring a map the next time we left! :) Hotel was extremely clean and complimentary breakfast was great. I would probably stay right in Plymouth if I did it over again, as this hotel is out of the way - so you have to drive everywhere, and stuff around it is not open early or late. But overall, it was a great hotel.

1  Thank wisgirl01
Reviewed August 25, 2007

THE CONS:
- Tiny, tiny lobby. The snacks available for purchase 24/7 were pitiful.
- Check in staff were fine. On check out, the desk clerk just stared blankly at me when I said thank you to him when I dropped off the card keys. He didn't even ask how our stay was or say thank us for staying there or have a good day or whatever!
- In our top floor room we could hear the constant sound of wind rushing. It seems to have come from underneath the door to our room. It wasn't enough of a distraction to make us complain to management and have to deal with the inconvenience of packing up to a different room for the night, but if we were there for a longer stay, I would have definitely asked for a room change.
- No closet in the room. I like hangers for my clothes!
- Many folks were complaining about the "hot" breakfast. The only hot item was chopped sausage in a white cream sauce with biscuits. Enough said. Personally, I love to drink coffee ant theirs was lousy and the muffins were just recently defrosted and even though there was boxed cereal, the only kind of milk for it was watery skim milk.
- We could hear quite a bit of noise in the hallways during the overnight - young children running around as well as a clearly drunk couple trying to find their room......

THE PROS:
- Clean hotel.
- Spacious room. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds.
- Lots of hot water in the shower, nice towels.
- Pool (very small) and hot tub were nice enough for a dip, but nothing to linger over.
- Exercise room looked nice enough with 3-4 stations.

OVERALL: Sorry to have to disagree with other Trip Advisor Members, but I'd never give this hotel (and probably not the Hampton Inn chain) a second chance. This was a $170/night mistake.

5  Thank ILUVMYVOLVO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
John Carver Inn & Spa
#6 of 9 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth? Share your experiences!