“Mexican food surprisingly bland” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carmen's Cafe Nicole

Carmen's Cafe Nicole
Ranked #40 of 203 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Known for our fabulous food, and views. A taste for everyone.
Newport, Rhode Island
“Mexican food surprisingly bland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

Despite having rave reviews, this is just actually just a very nice diner that serves seafood and Mexican food..
The waitstaff is very friendly and they keep the mood up-beat....ie. "is everything OK?" four times during the meal. The location is on-the-waterfront.....a nice plus
We ordered the especial enchiladas which were VERY bland .
Margaritas are in a water tumbler w/ ice cubes and straw...verrrry cool?
Now maybe breakfast or sandwich wraps are top notch but but......I would not return for a dinner meal

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2009

Went in for breakfast the first morning and lunch our second afternoon. What A pleasant experience from start to finish both times. Very seldom do we see great service and fresh, fantastic variatal of food. We come from some picky eaters in our family. The breakfast was amazing, eggs were cooked to perfection and the thick french toast with seasonal fruit was devine. There Mexican Lunches and Fresh Seafood were incredible. The service was spot on, very attentive, and the view was GREAT. Right on the waterfront, cant miss it. I recommend this place highly.

Greenville, SC
“A great little place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2008

My wife and I went to Plymouth, MA in Oct 2008 and absolutely loved it! We decided to eat at Cafe Nicole for lunch and I thought the 'lightly battered fish' was some of the best I have had. It wasnt the greasy over-fried fish, but very light and only enhanced the overall taste of the fish. My wife had a wrap and thought it was as good as well. The portion sizes were plenty enough, that my wife couldn't finish; I of course finished my plate.

The view of the ocean is what drew us there and that made the entire experience very pleasureable while dining. I highly recommend eating there for lunch and making a day of it at the Mayflower II and Plymouth Plantation.

Tulare, California
“The BEST Clam Chowder!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2008

We visited Plymouth in July of 2008 and had dinner and lunch at Carmen's Cafe Nicole. My husband just raved about the Clam Chowder, he said it was the best he's ever tasted. I had the fried scallops and they were wonderful.

The atmosphere isn't much, it's basically a little hole in the wall restaurant, but the food was great and the service was friendly. I don't know about the rest of their menu, but we can highly recommend the clam chowder and scallops.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“small place, but excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2008

small place, but excellent food and service!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook