“GOD BLESS AMY”
Review of Cafe Strega

Cafe Strega
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Strega is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 208 Restaurants in Plymouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Falmouth, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GOD BLESS AMY”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Great food and 10star service by Amy at bar. Can hardly wait to have the eggplant!

1 Thank COACBRUCEPFULLER

Plymouth, MA
“Winter Break”
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Went to Cafe Strega with a gift certificate and the sky was the limit. Martinis (made perfectly)followed with a bottle of chardonay.Our table overlooked Brewster Gardens and it looked great even though it was Winter. We had the seafood medley which was cooked to perfection. I have read other reviews and can't understand why some people have had problems. The help is there to serve and that they did. The dinner prices were reasonable with a wide range of prices and food selection.

1 Thank angeloartglass
sandwich
“keep on going, look a little further”
Reviewed January 11, 2010

had a 7pm reservation seated promptly by the somewhat rude maitre'd . we also witnessed a fight between the cooks in the open kitchen, at this point we probably should have left but didn't. the seating is very tight the wait staff can't properly fit between the tables and keep bumping into the dinners. it took a hour to get our appetizers and it took one hour forty minutes to recive our entrees along with the cold cup of coffee.
my wife had chicken parm. it had very little taste and her appetizer was brushetta the toast was so hard you could hardly get your teeth through it . my appetizer was alright and my entree was a seafood zuppa and it was quite nice. for the money we would have liked the food to be more consistent and to have more comfortabe seating overall we think it is a poor value

South Shore
“Took 1 1/2 hours to get our drinks and place our order!”
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We went to this restaurant with 2 other couples to celebrate my birthday. This is a restaurant my husband I have been wanting to try for long time.

Well, first we waited 1.5 hours for our first round of drinks. When the waiter finally brought the drinks, the drink order was wrong. He then delivered each drink 1 by 1 and still kept getting it wrong. We finally placed our order and received our meals about 1 hour later. In all my years of eating out, I never experienced such slow service. For an expensive restaurant, this type of service is unacceptable and so dissapointing. The service was so "over the top" bad that at one point, my husband was convinced were on Candid Camera.

Was it the restaurants's fault or just the waiter's fault? Either way, the manager never came over to apologize or make good for all the problems. We were not looking for a handout but some type or recognition for the slow service. We tried calling other restaurants from the table but all the places were booked.

Fortunately, we are pretty easy going group of people who are already laughing about it. But, with that said, we will never go there again. Our reservation was for 8:30 and we didn't receive our drinks until 10 and our food until 11. We finally left at 12:30. It was a painful experience. Getting service was like getting blood from a rock!! Never again.

Plymouth, MA
“Great Food and Wonderful Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 21, 2008

My husband and I live in Plymouth. We have been to this restaurant a few times. We love it. They make great cocktails. The food is really good. We also love the romantic ambiance of the place, it has a bit of a European feel to it. It has a gorgeous view of the park, and we've never had a bad meal there. Definitely try it!!