“Our first time here”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Strega

Cafe Strega
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Strega is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 203 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Our first time here”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My friend and I had wanted to try this place for a long time. He got the lobster ravioli and I got the rack of lamb. The meat on the bone were about the size of a nickle to a quarter and yet it was very chewy. Maybe it was frozen too long not sure just tough to cut and chew. We got a desert to share but it did not look like the picture on the menu. My friend said to the waitress it looks like you need a bag to pick it up and it was chocolate. I sent it back and got the exotic bomb which was very nice as was my cap-Chicano. The waitress did say that the deserts were not made their. they were brought in.

There was some guy not sure if he was a manager or the owner going to the tables but he never stopped at our table to ask how things were.

I will try it again but this time I will get whatever the special is for that night that way I know it will be fresh.

1 Thank Pamela-Pepper

Boston, Massachusetts
“Authentic and good Italian food in a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere and food. Close to everything Plymouth has to offer. Good choice of appetizers and a variety of specials on any given day.

Visited August 2013
greater boston area
“One of the better Italian Restaurants in the Plymouth area”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was our first visit to Café Strega and my husband and I were very pleased with the atmosphere, the service and the food. The bread was fresh and served with olive oil; and our salads were also fresh with just enough dressing. Our main meals were served hot and were very tasty. However, the small portion size was a little disappointing. But, that left room for dessert, which was equally tasty. I ordered the dessert special (a triple chocolate mousse cake) and my husband had the ice cream "Bomba" (3 different ice cream flavors encased in white chocolate). The waitress was very friendly, helpful and attentive. Overall, the experience was very good.

Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States
“Molto Bene!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have been to Cafe Strega many times. Each time is a wonderful experience. The food is always delicious and the service is excellent. We enjoy the view and the comfort.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“You want REAL Italian? Go to Cafe Strega!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Dined on 7/17. Atmosphere beautiful, romantic. View of Plymouth harbor and the park, breathtaking. Appetizer of broiled sea scallops with artichoke hearts, grilled asparagus and greens was outstanding! Scallops perfectly prepared. Wife's order of squash blossoms stuffed with cheese and fried were wonderful. Her entree of lobster ravioli in mascarpone sauce was amazing! My special of stuffed swordfish was filled with an assortment of seafood covered in a light red sauce with assorted vegetables. Out of this world!! Desserts of cannoli for me and pestachio gelato for my wife were a perfect ending. Accompanied by grappa liqueur made one feel like they were back in Italy. Service was impeccable, meal was perfectly paced. Great wine and drink list as well. When you want Great Italian at a great price, there is only one place to go in Plymouth, Cafe Strega!

• Visited July 2013