“Convenient”

Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed July 28, 2010

After a 13 hour car ride and a few hours in the heat humidity visiting Plymouth area attractions, this was a good place to catch your breath and get a good nights sleep. The beds are comfortable and have the signature multiple stles of pillows to help you relax your way. The place needs another luggage cart or two or something to entice guests to return them to the main level (not hotels fault). The pool was small, but clean. The room was a bit narrow, so if you plan on putting suitcases along wall, you'll never get the luggage cart between suitcaes and beds. The front desk was efficient, but not overly friendly. The location is odd and not easy to get to unless you've been there before. It was quiet, clean, and cozy...what else do you need?

2  Thank drifter33

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Cons:
The breakfast is not worth $10.95/per person.
Room smelled as if it had been cleaned with a dirty/rank smelling cloth.
They ran out of free cookies.
I called the assistant gm to ask about dry cleaning services several days before our arrival. she returned my call to my home phone four days later--while we were staying in her hotel.

Pros:
not too expensive.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank atlantamom6969
Reviewed July 16, 2010

If you are looking for a place to stay - the Hilton Gardens is a great option:
Clean. Family Friendly. Staff, particularly the front desk staff -was very helpful and friendly.
Conveniently located (by Car) to Plymouth and Plimouth Plantation. Rooms were clean, new, and pleasant. Despite being located next to a Home Depot and a major rd. - it was surprsingly very quiet. If you don't want to pay for the breakfast buffet ($11.00 for per child)- there is a Friendlys restaurant located right next door.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LookOut1313
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Hotel was very confortable - we stayed with young children. Staff very friendly - breakfast was well recieved. Location perfect for distance between Boston and Cape Cod.
We enjoyed activities in Plymouth as well

Reviewed June 20, 2010

Please see my blog at http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/

Arrived late (around 11 pm) but we received a very friendly welcome...in fact Clayton was the "Guest of the Day"....and that got him nothing.....

Clean, quiet, great beds, decent bathrooms. I was in room 502.

AWESOME breakfast buffet in the morning....its actually worth staying there just for that!!!!

Guest Room 107.00
State Tax 6.10
Local Tax 6.42

Total - $119.52

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
MsFitzGerald, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel. I am pleased to see from your review that you enjoyed your stay and especially your mention of our staff and how much you enjoyed our 'all you can eat' breakfast buffet. You also mentioned how comfortable your guest room was. Our well appointed guest rooms feature comfortable beds in either one king or two queen accommodations. I hear from our guests all the time--"where can I buy the bed?".
Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn/Plymouth, MA we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

After three days at the Omni Parker House in Boston, the Hilton Garden in Plymouth was a relaxing delight. A great place to stay at half the price, and so much more relaxing. Everything was lovely and the location was excellent. Close to the Cape and many historic destinations and not even too far from the Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel. To be mentioned as your best stay of the week--that's quite an honor! Our hotel does offer all the comforts of home and at a fraction of what you would normally pay in the city. Thank you for also mentioning our great location. We are convenient to all major attractions and close to Cape Cod where you can stay here in Plymouth and make day trips to the Cape and to the Boston. We hope your travels bring you back to the area soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2010

I do not like this hotel at all. I am a Gold VIP but this was my first time staying in a HGI...the bed was not comfortable...even when I found the dial and set it to the firmest setting, it wasn't enjoyable. The sheets were textured and irritated my skin. The hotel I understand to be 4-5 yrs new, but it is not kept up. I found the common areas ill-maintained (floors were clean at the room hallways, but in the elevators and common areas on the first floor everything was dirty to me for the whole week). The tvs were just odd: in the fitness center the tv is soooo tiny, the tvs in the room were really deep and heavy and hard to swivel. I found the room to be very tight. It just annoyed me being in the room and at the hotel. The bathroom was clean and the towels nice, but it too was cramped. I will be staying in the Hampton Inn instead moving forward. I went there today to see the property,their rooms and amenities, and it was very nice! A little farther but I'm not happy with the HGI, sorry :(

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank atlhotelcritic

Thank you taking the time to submit your review. First, please accept my apologies that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I am sorry that the bedding was not comfortable for you as we normally hear many positive responses to our guest room bedding. You also mention that you felt there was an issue regarding the cleanliness of the public space areas. We have housemen on duty tending to the all the hotel public areas and it is their job to continuously move about the hotel and clean. We certainly understand the importance of not only offering clean and inviting guest rooms, but the entire hotel must also covey this as well. I do apologize again and wish you had mentioned this to my front desk or to me personally as I would have been more than happy to speak with you.
Keri L. FitzGerald/General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
#9 of 9 in Plymouth
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills
5 mi away
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!