I took my wife, daughter and S.I.L and grandchildren to Plimouth Plantation. I had 2 rooms reserved and the check-in process went well until I asked to have the 2 rooms combined on one portfolio. The clerk said she was not allowed to do this. I said O.K., I'll check in the morning. She was very pleasant and very apologetic but obviously wasn't trained properly by management on how to do a very simple procedure.
The next morning I tried again. The morning clerk did not know how to do this either. I asked for the manager. She appeared immediately and proceeded to say that this was very simple to do and took care of this for me. My only comment would be why doesn't management train employees in the basics of the Hilton program?
The breakfast food was good but the service was horrible and again, I'm not blaming the waitress for this. The poor waitress waited on tables, cleared tables, and brought out the coffee canisters for complimentary coffee in the hotel foyer. She threw out "thank you's" and "no problem's" to the nearly full clientele in the breakfast room and she never lost her cool. She was just completely overwhelmed, taking orders by the kitchen entry instead of at tables. We were there for close to an hour and noticed that management finally arrived to clear tables after 45 minutes and gave her a little relief. Where were they before this?
The hotel itself is nice, a typical HGI. The rooms were clean and quiet. The water volume from the shower could have been a little stronger. The bedding and pillows were comfortable.
If management did it's job, I would have given the hotel an extra star. My stay, for the record, was on July 21st.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Plymouth, Massachusetts features a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness center, complimentary Wi-Fi and 24-hour business center. We are located just minutes from historic downtown Plymouth. The hotel is walking distance to 7 restaurants and only 20 minutes to Cape Cod. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth Hotel Plymouth
- Hilton Plymouth
- Plymouth Hilton Garden Inn