“Employees need management training”

Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I took my wife, daughter and S.I.L and grandchildren to Plimouth Plantation. I had 2 rooms reserved and the check-in process went well until I asked to have the 2 rooms combined on one portfolio. The clerk said she was not allowed to do this. I said O.K., I'll check in the morning. She was very pleasant and very apologetic but obviously wasn't trained properly by management on how to do a very simple procedure.
The next morning I tried again. The morning clerk did not know how to do this either. I asked for the manager. She appeared immediately and proceeded to say that this was very simple to do and took care of this for me. My only comment would be why doesn't management train employees in the basics of the Hilton program?
The breakfast food was good but the service was horrible and again, I'm not blaming the waitress for this. The poor waitress waited on tables, cleared tables, and brought out the coffee canisters for complimentary coffee in the hotel foyer. She threw out "thank you's" and "no problem's" to the nearly full clientele in the breakfast room and she never lost her cool. She was just completely overwhelmed, taking orders by the kitchen entry instead of at tables. We were there for close to an hour and noticed that management finally arrived to clear tables after 45 minutes and gave her a little relief. Where were they before this?
The hotel itself is nice, a typical HGI. The rooms were clean and quiet. The water volume from the shower could have been a little stronger. The bedding and pillows were comfortable.
If management did it's job, I would have given the hotel an extra star. My stay, for the record, was on July 21st.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is an excellent hotel for exploring Plymouth and the greater Cape Cod area. Staff were all very friendly and helpful.Rooms were spotless and the amenities were excellent.Plymouth is a wonderful town and only a 5 minute drive and it is also very close to the highway for Cape Cod.I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peterdub89

I am very happy to read the comments you posted on trip advisor about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, Massachusetts and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

A super nice hotel that offers excellent accommodations. The hotel is very quiet - the pool is great - the breakfast is awesome!!! The staff was friendly and helpful. Definitely would recommend staying here if you are in Plymouth.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Plymouth is a great village and an obvious stop on the road from Boston to Cape Cod, but because it's not near anything I never expected a really nice hotel there. Once we decided to spend some time at the historic venues, I was thinking the best we would find would be an old motel facility or maybe a bed and breakfast, but this was a nice surprise, clean and fresh inside. Outside the hotel's in the midst of being painted, the management suggests you close the drapes so the painters wouldn't look in--

On the plus side there is a really nice indoor pool. On the down-side was the breakfast which was about $12 per person. Over all the place was nice, the employees very nice and the location was excellent, just a few hundred yards off the exit

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thanks for taking the time for the great review and hope to see you again soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, Ma!!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were extremely happy with our stay at this hotel. Checkin was very simple and efficient...2 bottles of water were presented to us as Hilton Honors members. The front desk is extremely courteous and professional. The pool and Jacuzzi are well maintained. The fitness center was also perfectly clean and ready for the guests. Our room was spotless, and plenty of amenities were left by housekeeping. The location was perfect for us, as we went to visit Plimoth Plantation. We will be returning to the Hilton Garden Inn on our next trip to Plymouth this summer !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel is what you would expect from the Hilton Garden Inn chain. The rooms are good sized, the beds are great for sleeping, excellent air conditioning system and large bathrooms. Breakfast was as expected which means it was hot, plentiful and well worth the price. The hotel is outside the tourist area so it is a few minutes drive to downtown however that meant it was quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here and review about the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, Ma! So glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton Garden Inn hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I recently stayed here for a wedding. I was in the bridal party and asked if we could check in early. We had hair appointments and other things to tend to. At first they told me to call back closer to the time. I did just that and they said it was fine.They even said that I could send over my fiance with my credit card so I didn't need to leave our hair apt. I also asked if groom was able to check in early as well. They said maybe but they weren't sure. I would think that they would go above and beyond for the bride and groom considering they are bringing a lot of business to the hotel for the night. Anyway, after all of that, once the boys got there to check us in/ bring our bags over they told them that they could not check in early. Check out is at 11 and we wanted to check in at 1. I am sure they could have cleaned two rooms by then. So the boys had to leave and come back to check in. So fine. Not the end of the world. The room was clean and the beds were nice. Everything that you would expect. In the morning we went down to get breakfast to find out it was $12.95 per person! We already paid $160 for the night and that was a discounted rate! Most hotels include breakfast! There was a continental breakfast option for $8, but that was still outrageous for cereal and juice. Overall, this is a standard clean room. It is safe and has nice big beds. However, the rates are way too high for the accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EJR21
PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.I’m so sorry that you weren’t satisfied with the price for breakfast. You can also book our bed n breakfast rate where breakfast is included with the room rate, so on your next visit please ask about our packages. Again, thank you for feedback and we hope to see you again soon. Enjoy the summer.

Kelly Lajoie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#8 of 9 in Plymouth
Mirbeau Inn & Spa at The Pinehills
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!