“Reasonably priced and pretty good”

Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Reasonably priced and pretty good”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while we were in town for a wedding and it was pretty good. The fact that it had a pool was nice with our daughter. The gym was a little small but not too bad. The area does get a little busy as it's right in the middle of a shopping area but it's also good in the sense that you can walk to a few restaurants. Probably one of the nicer chain hotels in the area so definitely give this one a look.

Room Tip: Get a little higher to avoid the noise from down below
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Kelly Lajoie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
NE
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Area is known for it...and occurs without reason (i.e. weather); no generator at hotel. Staff is very nice despite being put in this difficult position. Shame on upper management for not spending the money on a generator!! Despite the staff, the hotel itself just didn't seem quite up to the brand but I have noticed over the past year or two that the Hampton Inns are now ahead in terms of condition, amenities (notably the breakfast) and cleanliness. While this location was not "dirty", there was something "off". I stayed multiple days and the power outages were daily just after 6am; no inclement weather.

Room Tip: Area is safe/quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We apologize that we lost power. This is actually the first time we lost power for over 2 hours. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Front desk staff was friendly and helpful but overall we were not well pleased. My wife, two kids and I stayed here on 2/18-2/20 after reserving at another local hotel which failed to mention the construction and broken pool.
I like Hilton Garden Inns, however this one opens their pool to the public, not just guests. it's a small pool and there were tons of people in it. I'm sure it's a revenue stream for Hilton, but it detracts from the guest experience. The pool area was also filthy all of the time(see pics) and it wasnt new dirt each day it was the same old trash, food spills and dirt that just wasnt being cleaned. The pool shower room was also disgusting. For the two days we were here, the spa was broken also. I just hope they maintained the water and were keeping he kids safe. They also were out of pool towels every single time we went to swim.
One of the highlights of Hiltons is the big breakfast buffet. Not here. They had one grumpy guy who needed a shave cooking and serving. Dirty juice glasses, dirty plates, unwilling to make cook more bacon and sausage or help in any way.
This is not typical for a Hilton experience.
I would stay here again, but I wouldnt just accept the poor service and conditions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill A
PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Rehoboth MA
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed here at least a dozen times over the past few years on business. They have always been very friendly and attentive.

The breakfast buffet is nice and they will make special requests.

The pool is a bit small but not bad - and always clean with plenty of towels.

The exercise room could use a few more items - they only have one elliptical, but they do have 2 treadmills.

One caution - find out if there is a wedding party there when you go - they tend to be NOISY at night! Ask to be booked on a different floor. I only made that mistake once!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Scalpel817
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and for being a frequent guest of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. We will see you when you return soon and glad the Hilton Garden Inn will be your hotel of choice! Safe travels.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Spent the better part of two weeks while on business here and it couldn't have been better. Staff was awesome and although there were ongoing renovations the disruption was minimal. Everything was lean, up to date and the staff had genuine smiles and wonderful customer service. The entrance drive is a bit peculiar but well marked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members were friendly and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Also, I am glad the renovations did not take away from your stay with us. There is never a good time to do renovations and I hope you will like our new lobby when completed. We look forward to your next visit.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I spent two nights there on a business trip Feb 4-6.

The staff was very friendly , everything was neat and clean. The breakfast buffet was very nice and since it opened at 5 am , it was very convenient and the food was great.

If I go back to Plymouth , I will stay there again.

I would give them 5 /5 stars in all categories.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hallways get the least amount of foot traffic. Regardless, it was quiet at...
1 Thank campinguy16
Thank you for the great review and I was happy to read you enjoyed the staff and the amenities at the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stayed at this HGI more than a dozen times over the past four years. My overall impression is that this is an excellent property run by an excellent team.

The hotel is in a quiet location (a 5-10 min drive away from any tourist attractions); the hotel is clean and the staff at this property are exceptionally friendly and attentive. When I'm in this area, I'm usualy working about 25min south, down on the cape. There are certainly closer hotels for me to choose from - but I would rather drive the extra few minutes each way so that I can have a reliable and predictable experience. The property itself and the staff provide that each visit.

There is a nice Japanese restaurant within short walking distance of the hotel. The Long Pond Pizza Company is also nearby and is not to bad either.

As with many tourist location hotels, in the peak summer travel months, this hotel can get quite busy...that mostly manifests itself during the morning breakfast rush. I usually get up a few minutes earlier to beat the coach-bus guest rush.

Oh, and you'll notice that the hotel is on Home Depot Drive. Don't let this scare you away - although there is a Home Depot directly next door - its far enough away that you only notice it when you drive into the hotel. Most of the time I forget the place is there; they don't share parking lots either...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and I am so happy you are a frequent guest of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to us! I am very happy to hear that our team members were friendly and you found the amenities of our hotel still to your liking. I hope you will like our new renovations in our lobby on your next visit. We think the new lobby lights are quite cool!!

Kelly Lajoie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
John Carver Inn & Spa
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#8 of 9 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!