“Lunch with friends”

Ranked #6 of 210 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "The CabbyShack, on historic Plymouth harbor, is the spot for gorgeous views, tons of seats under the sun, live music all season long, and seafood so fresh it practically jumps straight from the ocean to the kitchen. The basic boiled lobster weighs in at about a pound and a quarter. But those in the know ask for the super-sized three-and-a-half pound Big Man's Lobster. Equally eye-popping is the 'Big Shack' Roll. It's the biggest lobster roll in town, overflowing from a grilled buttered roll. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, the CabbyShack sells thousands of them a week. It's the perfect summer meal, for the perfect summer day. The CabbyShack's menu is loaded with fun summer foods like hand battered onion rings, colossal shrimp cocktail, golden fried clams, and -- believe it or not -- some of the best bar pizzas on the South Shore. But the dish they're most famous for is their award winning clam chowder, served in a fresh baked bread bowl. Rich chowder, big lobster rolls, and fun all summer long, keeps everybody coming back, to the CabbyShack." - Phantom Gourmet
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I did not like this restaurant as much as the others in our party. Their wine list is terrible to non existent. I ordered an ahi tuna poke which was delicious but they served this fried plantain which was gross and cold. They would be better off to place the tuna on a bed of lettuce or arugula. I had a scallop roll which was good but I would not call it great. The scallops seemed to be cut into pieces instead of receiving the whole scallop.
My friends has the lobster bisque, fried clam strip plate, little neck clams, and a fried clam and scallop plate with onion rings as well as crabcakes. I tasted each of their main course and they were very good. They were all very happy with their selections. The service was fine with no problems.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I will sum this up really quickly.....meals on the table 10 minutes before the silverware. After asking 4 times for a fork and knife I finally went to the bar to get utensils to eat. Ugh.

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch on a busy sunday. Looked very busy but got seated right away on roof deck. The hostess asked if the roof was ok as we had three small children. She said every table had a large beach umbrella an we decided that would be fun. There were great views of Plymouth Bay, the kids loved watching the boats. The waitress took our drink order after we got settled and we ordered a fried conch appetizer. It was a little pricey but came out lightly fried and hot with a side of smoky aioli dipping sauce. We all agreed it was fantastic. Kids had the fish and chips and burgers from the kids menu which they enjoyed. My wife had the Cod reuben which was very tasty as well. My fried whole clams were a bit bland to my liking and lacked flavor. Overall this place was pretty good. We really enjoyed eating on the roof on a beautiful day. The service was friendly and efficient. We will come back again for sure.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Met up with family at the Plymouth waterfront. Can't beat the view. Lunch was very good, portions quite large. Chowder is one of the best around. It tends to be crowded and we had to wait for our food, but overall it was worth it. We didn't sit outside as we hoped because the music was pretty loud and we wanted to talk and catch up. If you're not there for chatting, by all means, sit outside and take in the view of Plymouth Harbor.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Very slow to get food. Even slower to get the check. Asked the bus kid for check. Like the waitress vanished

2  Thank S K

Been to Cabby Shack? Share your experiences!