“Nice water view - tables too squished together”
Review of Cabby Shack

Cabby Shack
Ranked #6 of 209 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "The CabbyShack, on historic Plymouth harbor, is the spot for gorgeous views, tons of seats under the sun, live music all season long, and seafood so fresh it practically jumps straight from the ocean to the kitchen. The basic boiled lobster weighs in at about a pound and a quarter. But those in the know ask for the super-sized three-and-a-half pound Big Man's Lobster. Equally eye-popping is the 'Big Shack' Roll. It's the biggest lobster roll in town, overflowing from a grilled buttered roll. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, the CabbyShack sells thousands of them a week. It's the perfect summer meal, for the perfect summer day. The CabbyShack's menu is loaded with fun summer foods like hand battered onion rings, colossal shrimp cocktail, golden fried clams, and -- believe it or not -- some of the best bar pizzas on the South Shore. But the dish they're most famous for is their award winning clam chowder, served in a fresh baked bread bowl. Rich chowder, big lobster rolls, and fun all summer long, keeps everybody coming back, to the CabbyShack." - Phantom Gourmet
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went on Memorial day so it was crazy busy! It was our first time there so after ascending the staircase to the upper deck, I needed to use the ladies room. I decended the deck and joked with the young girls at the hostess station about the up-and-down of it all, only to hear one of the girls make a snide remark telling me to go somewhere else! MANAGER: You need to train/hire your staff to be more mature! We were told it was an hour wait so we decided to have a drink and come back later. The upstairs has a great view but too crowded to move. I feel bad for the waitressess who have to go up and down the back stairs and manuver through the sea of people. We did come back later around 8pm and it was much quieter. We sat at the bar upstairs and enjoyed a few drinks. We saw people eating personal pizzas at the bar and each ordered one to bring back to the hotel. I wanted a spinach and feta cheese but they didnt have it and the bartender said that people ask for it all the time. MANAGER: People like spinach and feta cheese pizza! Put on the menu please. Two personal pizzas, 2 beers each and tip came to $44.25. Kinda pricey, but hey it's vacation!!

1  Thank Lee B

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We go to Cabby Shack at least once in the warmer weather. However we went Friday night and we probably won't be back. They sat us at a small high top table outside. Which was fine as the night was beautiful. Except the table was squeezed in between the bar and others. So, every time a waitress walked by they bumped us, and the area was so tight I couldn't move anywhere else to get out of their way. The food was just average if that. The Big Shack roll for $24.95 used to be huge the biggest around, well now its smaller and more money! We actually had to ask the waitress if we had received the right one! We were very disapoointed!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Yesterday we went to the Cabby Shack for my birthday lobster. For 18 years it's been a tradition, I get a large lobster We live 30 min. away so we called to see if they had large lobsters. The person stated up to 3 lbs. I usually get between 3 1/2 to 4 1/2. I only have lobster once a year and want it to be memorable. We got there and the hostess said they only had chick lobsters 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs. I proceeded to tell of the phone conversation. She thought it may have been a new girl and would see to it that the girl would have the correct info from the on. The hostess said they had a twin lobster meal. I decided to settle now that we were there. I ordered the twin lobster from our waitress Valerie. She heard from the hostess about my story. She went to the kitchen and spoke to manager, Lisa. Lisa came out to the table and said if you want a 3 1/2 lobster, I will go across the street to the lobster market and buy one for you and cook it. At the same market price they had. I was truly blown away by this offer. I have been there over the years for different meals and love the atmosphere of the restaurant. The lobster they prepared for me was superb. I'm still taking about it today. I also had a cup of chowdah. My first spoon full, I said to my wife O.M.G. Lisa went on to say as I left, whenever your birthday comes around you come here we'll get you that lobster. So this long story is about two women at a restaurant, and they ( Valerie and LIsa ) want you to have a good dining expereince and will go the extra mile to make the patron happy. How wonderful. I will definitely be a customer for a long time to come. Thankyou Cabby Shack for making the day special for me. Valerie and Lisa are great examples of what good employees can be to a business. " Ray Brodeur "

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Food was average, had the Thai hot spiced chicken it was good, the shrimp appetizers was below average, the shrimp was extremely small sized, not worth the money, no refills on the iced tea. It seems that they want to make this location a money machine. Don,t live in the area, but I would not go back. Not a good value in my opinion.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sad. What a location and opportunity to provide an exceptional experience. I don't like to write and usually don't submit bad reviews but I wanted to put on the record the outstanding willingness by our server to make our trip to Cabby's pleasant. I can just imagine how she could have done if she had been trained. She didn't know enough to give us spoons for tea or to place plates in front of us for apps instead of leaving them on a pile on the table but she was right there to ask if everything was to our satisfaction. Even in the face of negative answers to her interrogatives she still came back after the delivery and redelivery of courses just too poor to mention. On the receipt she was listed as Alby and she should go someplace else where she has more of an opportunity to learn her trade and provide guests with really good food.

Steamers. How difficult is that? 1st they need to be hot. Not even with 2 tries. 2nd they need to be served with butter not Phase. Not even with 2 tries and after the manager insisted she saw our reorder cooking on the stove and our butter melting there (the real stuff this time, not the "blend". The 2nd attempt had the same clams come out at about the same temperature. She graciously said "it makes no difference, I removed them from your bill". Thank You. Oh and by the way, Not only cold but no flavor, the kind of taste that comes from steaming a whole bunch early and dunking them in how water later.

Energy must be short in Plymouth because the winter squash which I have never tasted better, was not even close to hot, shall we call it "luke". Great Ceasar Salad with just the right amount of dressing and very fresh. The Sirloin was rare when ordered medium Rare, again that lack of the use of energy, but I prefer it under to over done and I did eat it, fresh.

I mentioned to our attentive server the she might suggest the use of warmed plates for serving to which she replied in all sincerity: "That's a really good Idea, I will mention it to the manager".

Good Chowder according to my fellow traveler that evening.