“Best Fried Shrimp I’ve Ever Had”
Review of Wood's Seafood

Wood's Seafood
Ranked #2 of 7 Quick Bites in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is fantastic, I’m sure the best of the casual spots on the water in Plymouth. We chose it because it was packed on a Tuesday night and all the other places were empty. The food was great. I had the Lobster roll, my son had the fried shrimp and my husband had the clam strips. All were excellent, although I would skip the lobster bisque.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place for some excellent seafood. This a no-frills restaurant, with a walk-up counter, place your order, go find a table and sit down. If you can, get a table with a view of the bay. Pretty quickly, they call your name, you collect your food and eat! We ordered lobster rolls that were terrific...chock full of tender, delicious lobster. Fries on the side were good. The table across from us had some excellent-looking fried scallops. The diners said it was their favorite thing at Wood's, and we saw lots of scallops being consumed at other tables. If you're looking for tablecloths and china, you'll be disappointed. If you want a comfortable place with the emphasis on fresh and tasty seafood, this will make you happy! This is the kind of spot where the locals go to eat or get their take-out; a constant stream of folks coming in and picking up their orders. The simple fish shack ambiance is its own charm.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

They just now how to do it right! My favorite is the fried scallops. My wife likes the broiled haddock.

Not over cooked. Done to perfection. Yummeeeeee!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After visiting the waterfront we stopped for a late dinne. Restaurant was very empty. We had alot of attention and excellent service. Food was good as were drinks.Perfect evening.

Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I visited this seafood shack due to TripAdvisor reviews. Previous reviews hit the nail on the head! Wonderful, fresh and nicely prepared seafood at a great price. Order at counter and pick up when it is ready. No ambiance but I would rather have great seafood at a great price! Keep up the good work Woods!! We shall return, which is the ultimate compliment, because I am very picky!!!! Thanks