“Very good”

Wood's Seafood
Ranked #2 of 209 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I was at this place this afternoon with my girlfriend, we visited Plymouth on our way from Boston to Cape Cod and decided to stop here for some seafood.
We ordered the lobster bisque, the New England clam chowder , an order of steamed mussels, and crab cakes.
All the food was outstanding, the only comment I would like to make is for the restaurants to place more condiments such as lemon and tartar sauce on a counter in the dining room so that diners don't have to go back to the order window and cut in line with the people who are waiting for their food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were returning from the Cape and stopped in Plymouth. My wife saw that Wood's was rated fairly high. I ordered the Lobster Roll, which was tasty enough. My mother-in-law had a clam roll, that was also good, but my wife ordered the fried shrimp, which was breaded and frozen at some factory; they were terrible, as were the onion rings, which also seemed to be breaded off site. The French fries were unremarkable and not crisp. That close to the Cape I expect better than something I could buy from the freezers at a supermarket. Our daughter was the winner since she didn't order anything (she hates seafood). The music was a bit too loud and annoying.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The locals recommend here. It's short on ambience but the seafood is always fresh. Sit close to the windows and actually view fisherman unloading their produce. And the prices are reasonable compared to the fancy places in town.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Well packed, light on tarter sauce, delicious. This is an indoor, self service clam shack/fish store. I will return.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

From walking in the front door I was not to impressed. I then sat down at a not too impressive or great looking table. I was questioning if we chose the right restaurant. The reviews were good, but could I trust them?

When the food came there was NO DOUBT that I chose the right place. I got the Lobster, my wife got the Baked Sole and my son got the crab cakes. The sole my wife had was one of the best dishes she ever had. The fish was very fresh and cooked to perfection(and we are from Long Island and know good seafood). The Lobster was great and the crab cakes were light and extremely tasty.

WOW is all I could say. We went back and got a couple soups and they were fabulous.

Everything is served on styrofoam plates, plastic knives and disposable cups, but if you look past the lack of amenities you cannot deny the quality of the food!

We will be back!!!