“Woods Seafood...the best of this type of place, but consider....”
Review of Wood's Seafood

Wood's Seafood
Ranked #4 of 215 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed January 1, 2014

If you must go to a less expensive meal for seafood this is your place. the seating is quaint and limited, but you have views of the ocean at every seat and there are booths and chairs. The prices at all these places are expensive for eating on plastic and out of paper containers, but if you dont want to go to a fancier place this is the best option. There is no loud music blaring , it is really about the food. Most of the food is fried, some broiled and a lot of people get lobster. there is a seafood market attached which is what I go to and buy and cook at home being local. On the move the drawbacks are that parking is very limited and you may have to pay in a lot and walk a few hundred feet; prices are high for what you get; if you drink beer or wine, skip it this time and have a soda as the wine comes in plastic cups and beer is only bud(no offense). I would suggest you spend more and go eat at East Bay Grille which is one lot down . A beautiful bar area you can eat or restaurant indoors and out. It is more money, but after a long day of sight seeing you can order a healthy , well cooked meal and have your choice of tea, coffee, seltzer, wine from all over the world and multiple beers on tap. Families can go to either place. Woods would cost about 60-80 dollars US for four for meals and East Bay would cost 80-120 for meals for 4 with tip , but remember service, rolls, comfort and ambience you should consider.
I know when I travel sometimes I go cheap and I truly just wanted a great piece of fish cooked well with some healthy veg and interesting side. a nice glass of sauvignon possibly too or a stella artois.
enjoy. It is eating.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times during my travels. I like to ask locals where they eat and this was the overwhelming favorite in the area for seafood. If you want great seafood this is the place to go. It doesn't look like much but it is a hidden gem and worth the trip..

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for an elegant setting, look elsewhere. But if you want absolutely fresh seafood, this is a great choice. It also has take-out available.

The baked scallops and shrimp were perfect and a side order of fresh onion rings was great!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Nothing fancy, Woods Seafood is right on the harbor with wonderful views of the fishing and leisure boats. Hubby had a lobster roll and I had broiled haddock. Both were delicious. What you'd expect from a New England harbor side restaurant. A perfect lunch on a perfect day in Plymouth.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We ate here the day after Thanksgiving. Delicious! I wanted to start by saying my husband is a native of FL and we are used to frequenting these type of seafood places. As far as all the mention of decor and atmosphere, this is the norm at many waterfront places that the locals frequent in Florida. There are fancy, pricey seafood restaurants and there are local favorites featuring fresh reasonably priced local seafood. If you are looking for atmosphere for a special occasion then you would need to look elsewhere but if it is amazing fresh seafood you seek then this would be the place. I myself do not feel it is fair to hold this place's atmosphere and decor against it. That would be like going to McD's and complaining that it didn't have the atmosphere of _________(insert your favorite pricey steakhouse with atmosphere).
Wood's is DELICIOUS and I still can not believe what a BARGAIN the food was!
If you want lobster, this is the place to go!
We were in a bit of a hurry to catch a train to Boston but I was determined we would eat at Wood's. My husband and I both had lobster rolls (I really wanted the 2 lobster plates I saw everyone walking by with but no time! Guess I have to go back!) My 11 year old son had the clam roll. Each of these came with fries but my family has a thing for onion rings and so when we travel we tend to taste test them. We ordered 1 order of onion rings and ignored our french fries. The best onion rings we have ever had! I do not say that lightly! The lobster rolls come with or without mayo dabbed on top, we are a no mayo family so we opted for the melted butter they offered. There was lobster overflowing! Clams overflowing, and the 3 of us only managed to eat about 1/2 of the order of onion rings (and we were starving) The portions are HUGE, fresh, delicious...SPECIAL. I think this will be a place we compare all our future seafood to and that is saying a lot since my husband is from Fl! The view was amazing! We were right on the water and the place was very clean!